It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

Jules738 HB User
High TPO & Ab, Low Glucose, Daily Diarrhea

Hi,

I have been struggling with daily diarrhea (5x min) for 11 years now since contracting amebic dysentery in Tanzania. In the last two years my symptoms have accelerated and added constant upper GI problems (daily nausea, weekly vomiting, burping), incredible fatigue, weakness, dizziness and monthly head/chest flus that make me bed ridden for days and end with vomiting and incredible dehydration. I have ended up in the hospital for days at a time multiple times in the last 8 months- doctors unable to stop my stomach from throwing up or get my hydration levels to normal. Even on my best days I am exhausted, dehydrated and even the slightest anything will trigger a cold.

I had stool tests, a colonoscopy and an endoscopy in the last 3 months, results included:
*hemorrhoids
*increased stomach acid
*increased abnormal mucus in stomach
*gastritis

I had ultrasounds of my abdomen and thyroid, results included:
*lump on parathyroid (but my calcium levels are normal so they refuse to look into the lump further)
*enlarged liver (they said not to be concerned about this)

CURRENT BLOOD RESULTS
high WBC in 5 out of 6 blood tests except this most recent
high TPO (1501.3)- 3x what it was a year ago
high AB (4.2)
low Glucose (66)
low Aspartate Aminotrans (14)

I can't digest
*lactose
*gluten
*oil (not even olive oil)
*alcohol
*meat
*kale

They have confirmed I do NOT have celiac and have tried treating me 2x for IBS with no improvement. They refuse to give me a HIDA scan to see if it's gallbladder since they didn't find gallstones.

I feel like this is relevant but may not be- for these two years (and never before in my life) I have been having what I call "rage attacks"- sudden uncontrollable outbursts both verbally and physically of unreasonable aggression. I black out when it happens and it's terrifying. I was evaluated by a psychotherapist and by my neurologist (I have had temporal lobe epilepsy my whole life) and neither see any need to treat this and write it off as bad days.

These chronic symptoms and illness are debilitating my life- I cannot hold down a normal job as I am sick in bed a min of a week per month, I have lost any semblance of a social life because even the energy to go out to dinner puts me in bed with a cold the next day, can't fly on planes as I get a head/chest cold that turns into vomiting within 12 hours, can't eat at most restaurants due to dietary intolerances. And yet the 5 doctors (2 GIs, GP, Endocrinologist and Otolaryngologist) who are "treating" me say they have no idea, there's nothing we can do, and it looks like my thyroid will eventually fail so I should get blood work done every 3 months.

I literally can't live like this. It's not living and I desperately want my life back.

Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
chronic diarrhea, chronic fatigue, flu like symptoms, nausea and vomiting, thyroid antibodies