It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
(male)

bdl HB User
Question Gallstones question

last week i woke up with a discomfort in my right side next to my ribcage which was also tender to the touch - this would turn to a pain that would affect my full right abdomen and even my right sholder at one point for afew hours and then would go back to the discomfort but never felt bad enough to even consider needing a+e. after about 5 days of this i went to my doctor who told me its possibly gallstones but wasnt sure so to leave it this week and go back next week if im still the same and a scan would be arranged. however, the original discomfort seems to have now passed and the area is not as tender but the rest if my right abdomen still dosnt feel normal. i have also had spells were i feel drained of energy. im normally healthy and naturally thin finding it hard to gain weight like all males in my family - which i mention as i know weight can affect gallstones. Has anyone else ever had this? i ask because im not sure its gallstones as this dosnt seem to match the symptoms discribed online but dont know enough about it to be sure

Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gallstones question

It could be. An ultrasound would be a good idea. Also, eat as low fat as possible till you determine if it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
(male)

bdl HB User
Re: Gallstones question

thanks, iv already cut down on fatty foods till i find out whats happening and that may explain the drop in discomfort/pain. food is a point of confusion for me though as iv had the pain start BEFORE meals when i havent eaten for hours which i dont think happens with gallstones. iv also started burping and passing wind more then normal the past few days not sure if thats relivent. though overall it does seem gallstone are the most likely cause. im just not so sure. ill see what doc says when i go back but just hope someone can shed some light on this

Last edited by bdl; 06-13-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
gallstones