It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

mountainsky HB User
better diet, less bm's?

I don't really understand the whole digestion thing so my question is this. I have always been a junk food eater and decided to almost go cold turkey off of sugar stuff (not quite there yet but have cut WAAAY back) So, one day, I decided to stop the pizza, chocolate, cookies, cakes, fast food etc and just eat fruits and veggies. Ok, when eating the bad stuff, I would have a bowel movement every 2-3 days or so or if it went longer, then I would have the cramping and loose bowel movements and it seems I would get rid of everything.

Since I have been eating good (with no snacking in between the first 3 days) and only snacking very little maybe on chips, it seems like my BM's really don't want to happen. My husband says because the body uses up the good stuff and you usually have the bm's because of the bad stuff and they call that waste. So, my question is...do you have less bm's the healthier you eat?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
(male)

com77 HB User
Re: better diet, less bm's?

Everybody's digestion is different, and a lot of it is not understood well even by the experts. Basically you've shocked your system by starting a completely different diet. It could take weeks for your digestive system to recalibrate.

I mean, basically, you don't want to be eating just vegetables and fruits. You need protein, eggs, meats, grains. You also need good hydration with a proper balance of electrolytes. So make sure you're getting a *balanced* set of nutrients, and just give it a few weeks to see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread