It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

smiles10 HB User
Bloating

Hey everyone! I have had an ongoing problem that I have tried multiple things to fix with my bloating issues.. To start I am petite and not overweight.. In the morning my stomach looks good and flat than any little thing I try to eat it bloats up and continues to through out the day until the next morning. This is a very stressful thing for me and I am on the path to try to resolve it. I have tried probiotics quite a few brands like Align, as well as others.. I have also taken digestive enzymes again a few different brands. I take fiber tablets and started taking peppermint oil caps and drinking lemon water every day. Nothing really has seemed to help. I did go to a doctor almost 2 years ago and they ran tests and said well nothing seems to be showing in your blood work have a nice day kind of thing. I get when you eat a large meal that this sort of thing can happen but its small things too like a banana, apple, a couple crackers, a piece of chicken.. basically anything.. I am wondering if anyone has had the same type of issues they may be able to give me guidance on.. Also, I do have an appointment set up for a gastrointestinal doctor in August maybe they will be able to help but this problem is really annoying and makes me very self conscious... Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Re: Bloating

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles10 View Post
Hey everyone! I have had an ongoing problem that I have tried multiple things to fix with my bloating issues.. To start I am petite and not overweight.. In the morning my stomach looks good and flat than any little thing I try to eat it bloats up and continues to through out the day until the next morning. This is a very stressful thing for me and I am on the path to try to resolve it. I have tried probiotics quite a few brands like Align, as well as others.. I have also taken digestive enzymes again a few different brands. I take fiber tablets and started taking peppermint oil caps and drinking lemon water every day. Nothing really has seemed to help. I did go to a doctor almost 2 years ago and they ran tests and said well nothing seems to be showing in your blood work have a nice day kind of thing. I get when you eat a large meal that this sort of thing can happen but its small things too like a banana, apple, a couple crackers, a piece of chicken.. basically anything.. I am wondering if anyone has had the same type of issues they may be able to give me guidance on.. Also, I do have an appointment set up for a gastrointestinal doctor in August maybe they will be able to help but this problem is really annoying and makes me very self conscious... Any advice would be greatly appreciated
I have extreme bloating makes it hard to breath, do you I feel like I'm swallowing air colonoscopy showed
Nothing wrong have problems defacating though but I get bloated with the smallest meals Do you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

smiles10 HB User

yes I do.. I have been on the hunt for a resolution! Have you seen a doctor or anything for it?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Smiles,

I have the exact same problem.
I have managed to get this almost under control by eating smaller meals and watching my diet.
Some foods can cause bloating more than others and you can google (What foods to avoid to eliminate bloating).
Another thing I found helpful is DOMPERIDONE taken three times per day 30 mins before meals also avoid eating in between meals.
Avoid too much Fibre foods as I found they made bloating worse.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles10 View Post
yes I do.. I have been on the hunt for a resolution! Have you seen a doctor or anything for it?
Yes I have been seeing a gastro but he isn't much help, I can't stand this any more I just would like to breath!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi Smiles,

I have the exact same problem.
I have managed to get this almost under control by eating smaller meals and watching my diet.
Some foods can cause bloating more than others and you can google (What foods to avoid to eliminate bloating).
Another thing I found helpful is DOMPERIDONE taken three times per day 30 mins before meals also avoid eating in between meals.
Avoid too much Fibre foods as I found they made bloating worse.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.
I have gerd and hiatal hernia and I have this head presure to I feel like my gut is full of air is it possible that I'm swallowing air?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User

Hi...I've been on a probotic for over a year and I noticed that it helps a lot. For me it breaks up all the gas and my bloating is not so bad. I have upper abdomen bloating and it is always uncomfortable and does effect my breathing. I take align but there are a lot of others out there. They are over the counter drugs that adds good or bad bacteria into your stomach. I have IBS also and it helps with that too. Try it. See if can help you. You have to take for a while for your system to get used to it but I think it is worth a try. Good luck.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I took Probiotics in tablet and in yogurt for many months and it did (ZERO) nothing for my stomach.
In fact I think it made mine worse.
One of the things I did find really helpful was Aloe Vera Juice.
I haven't taken it for sometime, I'm going to get back on it again.
My son recons that Digestive Enzymes helped his bloating more than anything, so may give that a try as well,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread