It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2003, 12:00 PM   #1

cris2 HB User
Notice Of Decision-fully Favorable

I just got the letter today and that is exactly what it said on first page
NOTICE OF DECISION-FULLY FAVORABLE
It took exactly 36 days since hearing thats not to bad
Now the waiting game for back-pay and payment.
But I dont mind at all.
I feel such a weight off my shoulders I cant put into words.

But I like to thank all the people who answered my posts
Thank you all for your advise and support.
This is such a wonderful board.

To all out there DONT GIVE UP !
im only 32 and I had a lot of people tell me I woulddnt get it because of my age even the first lawyer I saw said this.
But I found the best lawyer who beleived in me and fought for me.
Found a doctor who is helping me get better and helped me through all this.
Hopefully my hips can be replaced and I do hope one day I can return to the work force,

I highly recommend to anyone who is reaching their hearing stage to hire a lawyer or even a deap lawyer who is free to help you at this stage.
also if you have a doctor who is reluctant in helping you get a new one.

I notice some people stating they are going thru hardships waiting for disability .To seek out help from their local social servises department for I have to say they help me out a lot while I was going thru the system at ssa.

Thanks Again to everyone and HAPPY HOLIDAYS
P.S sorry so long

Old 12-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

cardinal HB User
Re: Notice Of Decision-fully Favorable

Congrats!!!! How long did it take you? I started in May, appealed in Aug, denied again now just sent in for a hearing. I am doing it without an atty. They have all my documentation, agreed that my doctor sd I am totally disabled. All they are sayin is I am capable of taking care of myself, and getting along with others! dah, what do i have to be nuts? I am about there too! I sent back my appeal for a hearing listing all the same stuff and that my mind is going due to chronic illiness and pain.

Do you think its too late for an atty? they sd it will be up to 18 months to get a hearing! will an atty make it go any faster?

I have an atty working on my ltd with my company, so I want to see how that goes., it would mean much more income. For now I don't have any income!!!! I am living off my savings., I am single, 47.

I am so happy for you! gives me hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #3

cris2 HB User

Hi cardinal tu i beleive we exchanged posts before and I appreciate that.
I started my process last year around this time dec.
Was denied in march put in for reconsideration and turned down in july got lawyer and got a hearing date in late august for nov and got letter today.
I feel very fortunate my process didnt take as long as i had expected.
I belkeive this in part to my lawyer and possible the state I live in.
I here stories about lawyers who delay on purpose to get more pay not true with mine for she did inform me at first interview that buy hiring her I would get in faster.It seemed she knew everybody at the hearing office for she had been doing this for 9 years.
Some people dont like to hire lawyers for they try to get all money forself and thats ok
But their is free help out there we have a program here called DEAP now I dont know if there in every state,Also ckeck into leagl aid.
No its not to late for lawyer I dont think especially if you dont have date I would
call social security and ask.
Not to sound like broken record but hiring a lawyer is best in my opinion.
For the first two denial letters i got telling me I wasnt disabled ect ect.
They never even sent me to a doctor.
Now this decision letter I got to day says a whole different tune.
Stating in letter that it is postively clear I have impairments listed under 1.02 in impairment section.
I owe all this to my laywer I beleive and my doctor for helping win this case
I now do beleive social security does discriminate and denies people to discourage them.
Sorry so long I can go on and on

Old 12-12-2003, 06:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

cardinal HB User

Thanks for the info!! I think I will contact an atty Monday. Since ssi agreed that I can not do most jobs and my doctor says I am disabled I should be able to get results! Hopefully my ltd will go thru with the atty that is handling that, but the ltd co is so in debt, with law suits, I am afraid they will go "bust" and leave me in the cold. SSI I paid into for a long time, longer than the ltd, be so relieved when this is settled, I am again so happy for you!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
(female)

pookeysmom HB User

My lawyer said if you are suffering from a financial hardship you can contact SS with the details and they may move up the date. I thought that was pretty funny- I don't know mant people that worked just for the fun of it and didn't need need the money.

good luck!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
(male)

petewild40 HB User

what to know if i can get a loan from my backpay from ssi

Closed Thread