It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #1
(female)

leather green HB User
help, I am new here

Hi, I am new here, i guess we all have to start .. I am waiting on Appeal which should be in september of this year or( soon after hopefully). My question is about medical records, I have been keeping mine, I called my attorney office and She said she will have everything for me " not to Worry".. I have Attorney in Evansville Indiana , I understand they are very good. Should I keep any paper work from my Doctor or will My attorney have everything? Also Will I get a lot of paperwork from the judge that will be reviewing the case ? My friend said she just got a lot of papers to fill out for the judge. Please advise me, I would so much appreciate any help...
Thank you all,
Leather green

Old 06-13-2004, 06:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: help, I am new here

You know, one thing I found out(unfortunetly) after i had been denied the first time, is that when i requested all of the med records from all of my drs to see just what they had to go on, was that ssa did not get the same amount of pages of paperwork that i did.when i talked with the guy in the med records dept,in the hosp where I had had my surgery, he said that disability actually got five pages less than I did when i got mine.why?i have no idea.But it did make me realize that i really needed my lawyer to take a look at my file to find out just what they had in there.You might want to make sure of just what really is in your medical file.One big thing that i was told by the guy in med records is that unless you speciffically ask for certain things,like the drs clinic notes nursing reports and stuff like that, you will not get everything that is in your files.So who knows just what really is in your files?you might want to have your lawyer take a peek so you can make sure that disability has EVERYTHING that is availiable to them.Just thought i would pass this along. good luck to all.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
(female)

leather green HB User

Thank you, I will be sure to keep good records. A friend of mine went to appeal In indy. He said the Attorney did all the talking for him.. I have heard that the judge will ask a lot of Questions . Do you know what I can expect at the appeal.. I am so glad to hear from you( thank you so much)
leather green

Old 07-05-2004, 05:19 AM   #4
(female)

leather green HB User

Hi, I am in the Appeal stage now, I had a stroke last April, I have Woods and woods from Evansville. Have you heard of them? who Did your Aunt have? I will also send email later I appreciate your answering .. I hope you had a nice 4th of july.
Leather Green

Old 07-05-2004, 04:26 PM   #5

dalesgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leather green
Hi, I am in the Appeal stage now, I had a stroke last April, I have Woods and woods from Evansville. Have you heard of them? who Did your Aunt have? I will also send email later I appreciate your answering .. I hope you had a nice 4th of july.
Leather Green

I'm not sure who her attorney was. I just saw her this weekend and I forgot to ask her. The way I understand it from her (and not sure how this is) she is appealing the decision from the judge (although the way I understood it later she's already lost the appeal but can STILL appeal yet again) AND she said she has a NEW application going through. She said that if she wins the appeal she'll get the back pay but the new application is only from when it was filed. I'm not sure I understand it but there are other issues involved in her case. I welcome you're e-mail and will respond.

Closed Thread