It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

cardinal HB User
SSI approval letter, how long for a check?

Hello all! Can anyone tell me how long it takes after getting the "fully favorable" decision letter to get the 2nd letter? Thanks!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
Re: SSI approval letter, how long for a check?

Generally you get your check the month after you recieve your approval on your schedule day to normally get a check. They go by birth date now where as before it was always the 3rd of the month. You can check their web site to see what date/week you fall under.

Any paperwork pertaining to it can take a while, sometimes they get awfully busy. I recieved my direct deposit before I ever recieved an approval. It should be for the full amount backpay you are owed minus any attorney fee's if you used one.

If you haven't signed up direct deposit I really recommend it. It is much more convienant than waiting on a check. You can get it set up by calling their 1-800 number.

If you have children you should get them signed up for benifits yourself if you haven't already. I can't recall if there was a waiting period on that or not, I'm sure PB would know. Simply call the 1-800 number to get them set up.

Congrats on the approval I hope your wait wasn't too long!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 04:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

cardinal HB User

thanks Kissa! I am assuming since they sd it will be retro from March 03, that it will be retro from Aug 03. The letter was approved in June so by the birthdate , mine is the 10th, it would be the 2nd Wed? would that have been in this month or maybe Aug? I will feel so much calmer once I see the ck! I did ask for direct deposit. Thanks again!

Old 07-25-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
(male)

Purplebill HB User

I have seen it take longer and longer to receive the award letter after a fully favorable decision. It has gone from a month or 2 to 6 months or more. The local office seems to have more and more cases with less trained staff to deal with them. Good luck in expediting your check.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

When I had probs recieving my check my local office was able to expidite it for me with no problems. They were in fact running like 3 months behind on the award letters etc, this was last fall during a re-instatement.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #6

Ammy HB User

My Fully Favorable decision letter was sent on May 7th.

My Benefits Award Letter for SSD, I received on June 15th or 16th. (Can't remember which it was... but the letter was dated the 13th.)

I just received my Benefits Award Letter for SSI last week, and my first SSI retro benefits installment was in my bank on Thursday.

I still have no clue about the SSD retro portion and the offset amount though.

I haven't received my first monthly SSD or SSI deposit yet, and the first SSD check is scheduled to be in the bank on the 28th, my first SSI monthly check on August 1st.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
(female)

crabbie HB User
Unhappy Re: SSI approval letter, how long for a check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Generally you get your check the month after you recieve your approval on your schedule day to normally get a check. They go by birth date now where as before it was always the 3rd of the month. You can check their web site to see what date/week you fall under.

Any paperwork pertaining to it can take a while, sometimes they get awfully busy. I recieved my direct deposit before I ever recieved an approval. It should be for the full amount backpay you are owed minus any attorney fee's if you used one.

If you haven't signed up direct deposit I really recommend it. It is much more convienant than waiting on a check. You can get it set up by calling their 1-800 number.

If you have children you should get them signed up for benifits yourself if you haven't already. I can't recall if there was a waiting period on that or not, I'm sure PB would know. Simply call the 1-800 number to get them set up.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #8
(female)

crabbie HB User

Like everyone ask how long dose it take for ya approval letter

Old 11-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
(female)

crabbie HB User
Unhappy Re: SSI approval letter, how long for a check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Closed Thread