It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

leather green HB User
Anyone from Indiana?

I am new here I have posted a few times. I am looking for anyone for advise. I am from Indiana My Attorney is from Evansville. My Question Is My files have been sent to the judge In june of this year. My Attorney office says that it may take 6 months or so....I filed last june. Has anyone ever been to Appeal in the 6 months they have said or will it be longer? Hope to hear from someone
leather green

Old 10-04-2004, 05:18 PM   #2

Matt_31 HB User
Re: Anyone from Indiana?

mines going to evansville as well its right now between 10-14 months ..

my claim was sent in march and im still waiting .. i keep in regular contact with my rep whos dealing with my case she said with her backload of cases right now its more like 14 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2004, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

franjo HB User
Smile Re: Anyone from Indiana?

Hi Neighbors!!

My SSD was awarded in '87...so my memory of the details isn't too precise. But I don't remember it taking nearly as long as what has been mentioned here. It may be that things were different back then?

I retained Barber....he did an excellent job. Maybe one of you hired him too?

I wish you both success in getting your disability award. ("Award"....that's what they call it...isn't that the silliest thing?)

Good Luck~

~Teri
Spina-bifida occulta; Congenital Scoliosis (dextrorotatory and 'S' curve, 42 thorasic and 57 degrees lumbar); Meningomyelocele (split cord @ L1); Diastematomyelia (re-sectioned at L2-3); tethered cord @ S-3; cysts on cord; various developmental abnormalities of the spine: narrowing of all disk spaces, defects in posterior arches, ectasia of the spinal canal and dura, segmental disease, sclerosis in L. iliac bone and adjacent sacroiliac joint, unilateral osteitis condensans ilium, hypertrophic facet disease L4-5 and L5-S1.

Surgeries include, but not limited to:
Lumbar fusion-1968
Fusion with Herrington Rod instrumentation-1970
Femoral osteotomy-1971
Tethered cord release-1987
Rod removal-1987
Chiari-type pelvic osteotomy-1988
Trochanteric osteotomy-1989
Tethered cord release-2003
Fusion with instrumentation with lots and lots of screws-2003

Closed Thread