It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

countrycraft HB User
Just wanted to say "HI" & update

HI girls and guys
I just wanted to say HI to all
as you all have been such a big help to me while i was in the process
of filing for my disability- and was awarded in 4 months-whewwwww
such a relief.
Now that I have medical I have recently had an MRI- I have buldging discs in my back so my NEW ( I DID start seeing a NEW DR-remember the other one didn't want to do anything for me) Dr wants me to see a Neurologist tomorrow.....oh gee I hope he can do something for me..since he has also (my new dr) has put me on meds for my depression-(cymbalta)-seems to be doing the trick, as I am not so irritable, and so quik to fly off the handle...but still am down because of my pain. He;s also got me on anti inflammitories and they of course are doing NOTHING - and another pill for arthritis - and all I want to do is sleep and have had diareah (?) for the past 3 weeks now - geez...no fun ! but I guess that's one of the side effects

I have also quit my 4 hour a week house cleaning job since I wasn't even able to do it when I was doing it....only to be able to stay here at home, laying on my couch MOST of the time looking at my own MESS that I am unable to do

well good luck to all of you who are in the process of waiting and congrats to those who have been awarded...my prayers are with you all

luv, GraN

Old 06-06-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Just wanted to say "HI" & update

Thanks for the update Gran!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

kaybee HB User

Gran, did you ever find out what exactly you were approved for? Was it SSI or SSDI? I'm happy for you but also very confused because you are already receiving Medicare but didn't get much in retroactive pay. With a wait of 24 months to get the insurance, I'm just really confused.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
(female)

phobic HB User

Nice update And i too was wondering about the medical. You already got it? That's the part i need most, but thought that if, NO! when i get aproved, it would still be a wait for the medical part. So happy for you though, the waiting is sure a bear!!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Hi Gran, i answered your post on the backboard that you made.welcome back.Marcia

Old 06-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
(female)

countrycraft HB User

HI
I don't knowif it was ssi or ssdi or both-sorry all of this reallyy confuses
me - I have no idea why I am getting medical already either - sorry can't answer your questions - it's a forward card is all I know.

and thanks MArcia-off to check that out now....
Oh and my appt with the neurologist yesturday-he wants me to have
an electro neurodiagnostice test done- I can't get in until the 19th of July though..
this laying around on the couch half the day is bullcrap..........he said he couldn't give me anything for the pain because he doesn't know what he is treating
I felt like saying I don't care I HURT and I have Hurt for long enough now - just give me SOMETHING so I can get something done around here !!!

anyway talk to you later
((HUGS)))
GraN

Old 06-10-2005, 06:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I think you SHOULD have said it.Just tell your neuro that you want to try and get some of your life back and you desperately need his help to do that.I hope someone will listen to you soon Gran,This has all gone on for way too long already.Good luck hon,marcia

Old 06-12-2005, 08:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

hey gran, congrats.
your friend,
robin

Closed Thread