It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #1

Klittlewolf HB User
Question Functionality report

I got my funtionality report yesterday, and my third party already filler hers out and sent it in, and I will send my in tomorrow.

Anyway, I sort of get the purpose, but could you tell me for sure exactly how much credence this report is in coming to a decision? Do they use it to see if you can do well taking care of yourself doing the housework etc that you can get a job doing that? Or is it just to find out just how much your disability is a hindrance on your day to day living?

Looking through it and rating myself on a scale from 1-10; 10 being the best of what I used to be able to do, and 1 the worse i'd give myself a 4 on a not so bad day.

Thanks for any help or just opinions you can give.

K

Old 12-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
(male)

Purplebill HB User
Re: Functionality report

They are used to undermine the credibility of claimant's testimony at hearing. Many folks have a hard time admitting (especially on paper) exactly how bad or how limiting their symptoms really are. I would be more interested in hearing your rating yourself on your worst days "on a not so bad day".

Yoiu do not want to be deceptive; but you are filling out these forms because you believe that you are unable to perform any kind of work whatsoever that exists in this country. You need to take a hard and brutal look at what you are unable to do and even what you have problems doing (independently) with no assistance from anyone. So at hearing if I asked you how far you can walk on a "bad" day, the next question would be how many bad days a month do you usually have.

You should look at every form SSA sends you as a further opportunity to demonstrate exactly how bad and/or how limited you really are. You should not try and show them what a nice person you are or minimize your symptomology.

"Activities of Daily Living" and Funcitionality are very important concepts in SSA disability law and how they are presented can conceivably be the difference between winning and losing a case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

lucybelle HB User
Re: Functionality report

Purplebill, You are a great source of info on this board! Is all your knowledge from research/experience or was/is that your line of work? Anyway I learn alot from your posts. Have a great day! Lucybelle

Closed Thread