It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #1

Jayca HB User
Post Hello I am new here.........

Hello I am new here on this board . I am Learning Disabaled with mutiple learning disorders. I have a very hard time with working because of all of the problems I have because of my Disabilites. Does anyone know what the eligiaibties are for SSDI ?

I can work but, I have a very very hard time with it. And most bosses don't even want to give me a secound look ...... Once they know you have LD's they want to get rid of you....

Thank you!
Jayca

Old 01-17-2002, 06:56 PM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
You may very well be eligible for SS. All you have to do is call an attorney for a free consultation and they will help you apply. There are too many variables when it comes to requirements for being elligible, to name them. It is done on a person to person basis. Do not apply on your own without an attorney. The attorney is also free and only gets paid if you do. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2002, 11:42 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

friendlione HB User
Attorneys aren't free at all.
They get paid a percentage of the back payments that you are awarded.

But they will work for no fees up front to get you awarded something, since that is how they earn their money.

Old 01-24-2002, 10:32 AM   #4

redleg82nd HB User
1st thing you do is go to the social secity office and see a case worker. they will set you up for your claim and they process all the paper work. Then look in the phone book and get a laywer that does SS cases.
The state will send to verious doctors to see if are disabled. In about 2 months you'll get a letter stating that you have been deined. This is where the laywer comes in. You request a hearing[an appeal] and take it to what the state callc a AGL hearing and the laywer puts everthing got ie: medical reports from your doctors, medications you take ect: The judge will set a date with you and your laywer and he will hear or case, and hopefully if your laywer is good he'll get your claim approved. It took two years for mine to get completly approved.

Mike

------------------

Old 02-02-2002, 09:19 PM   #5

Chris0004 HB User
It depends on what your disablity is if they deny you. If you can file the application all yourself or maybe a friend or family member help you,you may want to try the first time. I know people who did get it the first time. If they deny you then you can appeal with an attorney. Most attorney's will take 25% which is a lot.
Good luck.

Old 04-16-2002, 06:04 PM   #6

Hope~4_All HB User
Hello, well i'd like to let you know that know matter what dissabilities you have you'll always be smart to God have faith and believe in yourself and do great things!!

luv,
Jill

Closed Thread