It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2002, 07:58 PM   #1

shooshoo HB User
Question SSI

hello! i have been trying since nov. 1998 to get approved for SSD-now have been told that the review of the ALJ Hearing Judge's decision(which was unfavorable) takes 18 months to complete-which will be Sept. 2003 before i hear anything more!! can you believe that it takes that long?? anyhow, i'm going to call ssd tomorrow to see if i do try to work at least part-time will it stop my case or can i at least give it a shot while i'm waiting? we are at the end of our rope-no money and no job prospects at the moment. will have to file bankruptcy through Legal Aid since we don't have the money to pay a lawyer and still want to try to keep our house and keep up with the mortgage payments-just need to get out of our credit card debts and bills we owe from my husbands former business. and what does it take to qualify for ssi? thanks for all your help and listening to our problems. good luck to all of you who are also fighting with social security. charlene keane

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2002, 12:51 PM   #2

WallSal55 HB User
Talking

I wish I knew more. A cousin of mine got disability
in his 50's for disabling depression, finally!. It did take a long time, and also a lawyer from Chicago who specializes in disability cases. (It's all this
attorney did--disability.) Check in with your local township supervisor for help, if it looks like you are going to lose your roof, and not be able to buy food.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread