It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #1

tammy r HB User
Post cubital tunnel syndrome

i was digonised w\cubital tunnel syndrom in both arms 5 months ago. i since have had surgery in my left arm. that was 1 month ago. i am in physical therpy. i have 3 weeks intill my next surgery. i don't know if the first one has worked yet. my grip is still weak. i still have the tiredness in my arm. my elbow is completely numb. how long does recovery take. am i being pushed by workers comp to have this next surgery to soon? if you know anything let me hear from you. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 09:49 AM   #2

Kaitie HB User
I also have cubital tunnel syndrome (right elbow) -
did you have to have a brace or cast or anything after the surgery? None of my doctors tell me anything! Were you kinda unable to do much for a long time b/c right now I can't afford to miss school...

Tell me everything you know!

Kaitie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 09:03 PM   #3

tammy r HB User
hey katie-have you had surgery yet? i just had my second surgery on my r arm. yes i had cast put on after surgery, had the left one removed after 9 days. it will be 9 days for the right also. i've gotten more grip in my left arm. things are looking positive, even though it will not fully recover. what are you taking in school? be careful what you tell your advisor (if you're in college) better yet don't tell them you have cts. ask me anything about my cts you want too.

Old 05-01-2003, 01:18 PM   #4

Kaitie HB User
Hey - so you could't bend your elbow for nine days? Yikes - that be horribly uncorfortable!

I'm an ARCHITECTURE student...so yeah, I have pretty rough days - between hand drafting and then computer drafting (autocad) I'm pretty well wrecking my elbow all day long...and using my wrists too - and my fingers which are always numb.

Was the cast put on with your elbow straight - or was it extended?

Love Kaitie
How are you feeling?

I haven't had the surgery yet - we haven't talked about but I bet you it's coming!

What happend was a couple of years ago I fell off a swing over concrete (don't ask why it was there) and landed elbow first. I felt something break in there but I was too much of a chicken to go to the doctor. I couldn't move my arm for like a month or so - and then it just seemed to heal - but I'm left with a very strange feeling elbow and now the cubital tunnel - thought I've never had x-rays done...

Old 05-02-2003, 08:15 PM   #5

tammy r HB User
hey katie
pain and agravition!! i was put to sleep for surgery. right in the bend of your elbow (on the outside) is where they make the cut. mine are about 4 in. long. they will cut through your muscle to get to the nerve. then the nerve will be moved. i had 15 staples in my l arm not sure on my r yet. i came out of surgery w\my cast. YES bent. i want to straighten my arm BAD. i've had to cut a few holes in it for an itch. the agony! i've wanted to remove it myself a couple of times. next page

Old 05-02-2003, 08:22 PM   #6

tammy r HB User
when the cast comes off, there will be 6 wks. of physical therpy. you'll cry the first few visits. after 9 days your arm can no longer straighten out. i have lost the feeling completely in my l elbow. not uncommon for this surgery. some people get their feeling back after a few years. it's like you trade one evil for another. it's a different kind of pain now that i had the surgery inb my l arm., i no longer have the intense tingling but its still there. i still have elbow pain but not as painful. next page

Old 05-02-2003, 08:35 PM   #7

tammy r HB User
all the writting and keyboarding you are doing will futher the damage. the longer you leave a nerve trapped the more damaged it becomes. are you taking any summer classes? summer would be a good healig time. I'm using one finger to type so ignore the mistakes. i was blessed my professors have aloud me to take my finals in parts. i'm right handed. that's another thing after surgery you will have no use at all w\your arm. when the cast comes off i was on restriction of no gripping, no repetive work, and no lifting anything over 2 lbs. you won't be able to anyway. i hope you have someone around that really loves you-you will be at their mercy. we'll i guess your ready for me to shut up. anything else just hollar! i'm from tennessee if you couldn't tell.

take care

Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 PM   #8

hrsheykiss2 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by tammy r:
i was digonised w\cubital tunnel syndrom in both arms 5 months ago. i since have had surgery in my left arm. that was 1 month ago. i am in physical therpy. i have 3 weeks intill my next surgery. i don't know if the first one has worked yet. my grip is still weak. i still have the tiredness in my arm. my elbow is completely numb. how long does recovery take. am i being pushed by workers comp to have this next surgery to soon? if you know anything let me hear from you. thanks

Closed Thread