It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #16
(female)

tweiler HB User
Re: New hearing scheduled

Thought I would provide another update to my case:

I have seen my rheumy and he filled out the fibro specific assessment my atty sent. And he agrees I am disabled and may never improve but actually get worse. I was trying to work some, around 20 hrs a month doing merchandising. All I had to do was take care of 3 DVD displays in local grocery stores and the heaviest lifting involved was DVDs. And I went to some dollar stores to check TracPhon displays and count the # of phones and brochures on hand. Well I am effectively unemployed now. I missed an assignment because of my fibro and the company I was working under has locked me out of the system. I have emailed to try to find out why because I did contact them and let them know the job would be done late because I was unable to get out of bed. They locked me out on the 7th and still have not responded to my email. So when I called my atty office I told them about the company terminating my contact. I still have 2 companies I contract for but with 1 I have only done 2 hrs this year (mostly Xmas season work) and the other I have not done anything but I have 4 jobs @$10 each just waiting for my paperwork to arrive.

My family issue is no better but I have started seeing a counselor. I'm going next week to fill out a release @ the atty office for the counselor records. I will be seeing the counselor again in 2 weeks and then we will decide if I need weekly or just every other week visits. My husband has changed his schedule so he can be home to help me more. My vertigo has gotten worse lately and I can't pinpoint why so that's driving me nuts. When I had my annual physical, the dr didn't see any reason for increased vertigo as far as inner ear stuff. And she has added cholesterol meds to my list. My hubby jokes I am turning into a walking pharmacy.

What really makes me feel bad about being disabled, (especially the depression) is something my counselor told me. After I told her everything that has gone on since I was a teen (when depression started), she told hubby & I that I have more to be depressed over than anyone else she has ever treated. And she has been in business for over a decade. I told my hubby "that's just my luck, I finally find something I'm good at and it's being depressed" . The counselor agreed w/ the assessment from the shrink my atty sent me to - I have major recurrent depression. My counselor doesn't prescribe meds herself, but refers patients to their PCP w/ recommendations. She prefers that because my PCP should know all the meds and OTC and supplements I am taking so it is easier for her to know which meds would interact bad w/ current meds.

So, as of right now, I am just waiting for my hearing. But my rheumy & PCP have said I'm disabled, the atty's shrink says I'm disabled and if I took a form to the counselor, I know she would agree I am disabled. And since the one company has terminated my contract with them, I see no way SS can say I am not disabled. Being terminated because I was unable to complete even those simple jobs as scheduled backs up how much the fibro interferes with my life and prevents working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 AM   #17
(female)

tweiler HB User

I am so nervous right now. We are leaving the house around 8:30 to go for my hearing. Luckily hubby can go with me or I don't think I could get through this at all. But then again, maybe that would be a good thing

I told him that even if my atty doesn't need him to testify on my behalf, I want him with me. I have been really stressed lately and got some awful family news yesterday. I barely slept last night and I am stiff all over this morning. Just thinking about the family news set me off several times last night. Add in the horrible dreams from the news and I am looking at many rough nights and days. And unfortunately, I do not see an end to this family problem anytime in the near future.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #18
(female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweiler View Post
I am so nervous right now. We are leaving the house around 8:30 to go for my hearing. Luckily hubby can go with me or I don't think I could get through this at all. But then again, maybe that would be a good thing

I told him that even if my atty doesn't need him to testify on my behalf, I want him with me. I have been really stressed lately and got some awful family news yesterday. I barely slept last night and I am stiff all over this morning. Just thinking about the family news set me off several times last night. Add in the horrible dreams from the news and I am looking at many rough nights and days. And unfortunately, I do not see an end to this family problem anytime in the near future.
My thoughts and prayers are with you today.... hope it all goes your way......please post soon....

Old 06-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #19
(female)

tweiler HB User
Talking I Won!!!!!!!!!

I am back home now and we actually got to go out and celebrate. The ALJ only asked me to verify the information in my record and to update him on any conditions which have worsened, namely my depression. My atty did bring up my merchandising, which amounts to maybe $250 since Dec 2006 and said not only is it an unsuccessful trial work attempt but the amount is so small it should not be considered SGA. The ALJ asked the VE 1 question and she said there was no work available that I could do with my limitation.

The ALJ said he agreed and gave me a fully favorable decision all the way back to 4/2003 so I will get backpay for 10/2003 forward. My atty says I should have the official decision letter within 2 months. He said the office is not really backed up yet and the ALJ gave a decision right then so that shortens the wait time. In the meantime, we need to manage to stay afloat long enough for the decision letter and then I can go and request expideted processing because we are dangerously close to repo on our only vehicle. And some of my drs are not on city bus lines so we have to have a vehicle.

That backpay will come in handy because we found a house we are considering putting in an offer on. Hubby thinks it will help my stress levels if I don't have to deal with a landlord, especially one we have to threaten with legal action just to get our bathroom floor fixed.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #20
(female)

startinovr2 HB User

Congratulations... I wish good life and health.
Startinovr2

Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #21
(female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

WONDERFUL NEWS !! I am so happy for you. I know with all the health problems in our lives financial problems are also just as tough to handle. Maybe now at least that part of your life will improve.... congrats again

Old 06-21-2007, 06:38 AM   #22
(female)

Samee HB User

Congrats!!!! Yeah, once you recieve that Fully Favorable letter it seems you can breathe a little better...I know it did help me with my stress levels...

Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #23
(female)

mrsprocessor HB User

Congrats Tweiler! I'm sure that was a big burden lifted off your shoulder. I wish you the best in the future. I also hope your health will improve. I've appealed my denial and requested a hearing. I received my paper work signed it and advised why I requested to speak with a judge. I've also started on cymbalta medicine for my depression and pain. I have started seeing a LCSW. It looks like I'm going to have to do this alone. I can't find a Lawyer that will take my case due to only being 33 yrs old and no doctor backing my claim. If you have any pointers for me please let me know what I could do to win my case and what to expect. Congrats again!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #24
(female)

tweiler HB User

Seeing a counselor will definitely help. I didn't hire an atty until 2/07, literally the week before my orig hearing date. They got the hearing rescheduled to 6/20 and sent me forms to take to my drs.

When I approached my PCP, I explained that I hated asking for disability but I honestly could not work a full time job but if disability was approved, then I could look into rehab and retraining programs through places like Goodwill Industries. At every visit I stressed what I was trying to do on a daily basis, such as housework. But I was always honest about activities that caused me pain or ones I wasn't even able to do and had to get help from hubby and friends to do those jobs.

Since you don't have an atty, you have the right to get copies of info in your own file. Just make an appt and tell them you want to look at your file. The office should also have a copier that you can use free to make copies of anything in your file that you want to. Take full advantage of this and make copies. If SSD sent you to drs, then they evals from them will be in your file. At my hearing, the ALJ pretty much ignored the evals from the drs they sent me to because my treating drs considered me disabled and I see them on a reg basis. I only saw the SSD drs 1X and they even said I was restricted but naturally they said I could do some kind of work.

If you have evals like that, sit down with Microsoft Word and type out blank forms, make sure they match what SSD has on the forms. Then maybe you can apporach your drs about filing them out. It did take a few tries to get my PCP to complete the forms. ANd I finally had to print out the standards for SSDI, basically the requirements that you be able to work 40 hrs/wk day in and day out and that even if I could work if my earngins were under $X (currently $640) then it was not SGA and I was still disabled. Even if you need some income, it's best to have it be very little. In my case, it was under $200 per month but most of that is gone now so I currently make less than $100 per month which is far from SGA.

Closed Thread