It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
(female)

craniopt HB User
Angry Update: DENIED

Hi well I posted here before, I applied for ssdi for a brain tumor, I just got my letter of denial and an option for an ALJ hearing. Not sure if I have it in me to keep up this fight. My doctors arent helping. They are not even sure what type of tumor it is, although I have had a nuerosurgeon tell me it could kill me and at my first ssdi exam the examiner said I could die from it.....Then why a denial?? I understand that I could also get hit by a car and die at any time, but heavens sake, I dont have a car waiting at the end of my street for me each morning! My doctors have not even done a biopsy because of the risk and my opthmalogist told me I missed my chance for surgery because I declined it the first time....Why are they all so cruel?? It seems nobody is taking this Brain Tumor seriously!! DO I have to go blind first or it rupture before I get help? Sorry, Im a bit frustrated, especially seeing that my most recent diagnosis is possible pituitary apoplexy ( hemmorrahge) Seriously, what is our country coming to when its cheaper to just let our people die off!

Last edited by craniopt; 06-01-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User
Re: Update: DENIED

If you're at the ALJ phase, you're actually closer to "winning" your case. REAL LIVE people are involved at that stage. Prior to the ALJ, I think the clerks are looking for particular responses to specific questions and it's all yes or no to them. With the hearing, you actually get someone who looks at the whole picture. I hear the doctor's statement weighs very heavily, so make sure your doctor has completed the forms! I know a lot of people represent themselves, but I think you'll have a better chance with a disability lawyer. The lawyer has a vested interest in winning your case because he's "pro bono." And what's 25% of your "back pay" settlement when you wouldn't have anything if you don't pursue the claim? (SSA limits the lawyer's cut to no more than 25%.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #3
(female)

Samee HB User

Sorry to hear your having to fight SSA this far....Just keep going, don't give up...

Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Sorry to hear. They don't seem to care what you have. It is like they want to see you riddled in pain before they approve. There are so many people frauduently getting it. I don't get it either.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User

Im sorry you were denied for SSDI I've been denied 3 times in 6 years (( I applied for SSD, I worked for 25 years, before I got 'my disease', I never asked for (( [nerve dammage] we do okay ,we are far from rich, hubby works at a wiremill. Ive never been a money person, but I do love to shop at Wal=mart }

{Dire need} example ...dependants living with you, Divorce, Death of spouse, Crippled , blind of course, Deafness ,and other common ailments suprizingly even carpal tunnel, gets you approved, on SSD or SSDI. Those diseases seem, to get the approval of the Social Security office workers, if its gonna be the death of ya? you will get approved. someday.

Ive read folks "in a coma" dont get approved right away, [they'll wake up, question mark?] lol
The last time I applied, I really thought I'd get approved, I've always done my own paperwork, along, and with, the help of my Internist. I was called in for a so called Physical exam by the SSD OFFICERS, and their Doctor told me to touch my toes, and that was about it, I did touch my toes, but not easily, and I was denied yet again ((.
A lawyer informed me obtw if your not getting brain SURGERY you really dont have a snowballs chance in hell of getting approved. I havent appealed yet.
I will appeal someday soon. This old girl will not give up,

good luck

teddy

Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #6
(female)

craniopt HB User
Talking Re: Update: DENIED

Thanks Teddy, You just made me laugh!

Last edited by HBMod07; 06-16-2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: It is not necessary to use quote with a direct response, thank you

Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #7
(female)

were2alike HB User

Im so sorry to hear that you been denied but keep trying . I have never filed just because I know that I will be denied , so I work nites full time but I dont put in any over time I wish my body would let me but I just work 40hrs. a week an get paid bi-weekly and it helps me a little to cope with my pelvic and hip pain. I guess I will try to sign up for SSD when my job put it in writeing Im fired and the reason has to say does not meet the job requirement.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Chris54 HB User

Go with an attorney. I had my attorney all lined up if I was denied. I was approved the first filing. They want to know that no one would employ you do to you disability. They also like if you are over 50. Good Luck.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

kaybee HB User

As with most people here, you just have to keep trying. As you search for an atty and get your records in order, please keep in mind that you'll need to detail what exactly keeps you from working. SSDI doesn't approve or deny on the basis of a diagnosis. Their argument is that in spite of your tumor, which may be one of their listings, it doesn't keep you from working because maybe they feel you can still do the work you were trained for. Your atty will guide you with expanding on exactly how that tumor makes it so you can't work. Good luck and don't give up! It will be such a relief when you finally receive approval!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
(female)

craniopt HB User

I went to meet with attorney today. It lasted all of 15 minutes. He got my basic diagnosis and copy of my denial letter and pretty much said they will handle it from there.....Is it really that simple with an attorney? God that does take a load off me. I dont feel well enough to work let to keep running here and there. I dont care how long it takes or what the backpay would be, I just NEED Help!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
(female)

craniopt HB User
Wink Re: Update: DENIED

Well I called my attorneys office 2day to verify that they were takin my case, he said yes, i am a client and they have already responded to ssi. He assured me that no news is good news , by them not callin me to say they wouldnt take it................They have not seen any of my medical records yet, they are ordering those,I guess thats a good sign, seeing they think they can fiht just because of the diagnosis. I just don't have many med records...I hate goin to thr docs!! Well just an update for anyone following my story! Please pray for as I pray for all of you. He did say we have alot of time before the hearing.........

Old 06-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
(female)

Samee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniopt View Post
Well I called my attorneys office 2day to verify that they were takin my case, he said yes, i am a client and they have already responded to ssi. He assured me that no news is good news , by them not callin me to say they wouldnt take it................They have not seen any of my medical records yet, they are ordering those,I guess thats a good sign, seeing they think they can fiht just because of the diagnosis. I just don't have many med records...I hate goin to thr docs!! Well just an update for anyone following my story! Please pray for as I pray for all of you. He did say we have alot of time before the hearing.........
Will be praying for you...

Closed Thread