It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
(female)

cantell HB User
anyone get approved lately or a hearing date?

It seems that the status posts on folks getting approved for ssdi has come to a halt. have not seen anyone post lately on them finally getting a hearing date set either..so, I was just wondering about it also to ask folks to post about their recent experience if they have been to a hearing or have been aproved and what state they live in.

thanks!

Last edited by cantell; 07-06-2007 at 07:38 AM. Reason: typo

Old 07-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User
Re: anyone get approved lately or a hearing date?

cantell,

Im waiting on paper work from my lawyer

its shouldnt be so hard to get help
everyone should have even amounts of the pie

still waiting here

the poorest part of the country

have a good weekend
eveyone

teddy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
(female)

uniqueone50 HB User

I also live in Alabama and am awaiting a date to go before a judge. I was denied in February and did hire an attorney at that point. I have just had my fifth cervical fusion three weeks ago as well as carpal tunnel surgery at the same time. I have also had two lumber surgeries and now possibly have a ruptured disc in my back. I wish you luck with your SSD.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Hi from New Jersey. Just filed my appeal last week with an attorney. He thinks I will be denied until I go before a judge. We will see.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
(female)

tweiler HB User

I finally had my hearing on June 20 (fully approved) and then June 27 received the official letter from the ALJ and checked yesterday and my file has already been sent to the processing center. I was told I prob have another week or two but might see a check by the end of the month.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

I had my hearing in May and just got my determination letter on Thursday -- FULLY FAVORABLE!!! "Long row to hoe" -- second application June '05 (first one was denied and I didn't know to appeal), more denials and reconcideration stuff, but now it's DONE!! Just a call to the local social security office on Monday. Wow.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #7
(male)

jamie07735 HB User

Just got my letter that my ALJ hearing is Aug.6, lawyer says we have a good judge(hope so)

Old 07-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User

wow!!! omg!!!

Thats 3!! 1 almost sure one def.? approval post if Im adding right, whats the main diseases? care to share any helpful hints?

Salutations spend wisely

teddy

Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
(female)

cantell HB User

Thanks to all who posted! For the ones who FINALLY got their approval "Congrats" !!!!!

could you all post the month and year you first applied and also, how long you had to wait before you got a hearing with the judge? Did you find out your date for the hearing from your lawyer first or thru the mail?

what was your experience at the hearing? was it scary? did you get sick and puke on the floor from a nerve attack? or was it smooth sailing?
how did you dress for the hearing? and did you take your med's before going or did you skip them for the day so your mind would be clear?

some of you may have already answered these questions if so please forgive me..it doesnt do me any good here lately to read something an remember it 2 seconds later! I am truly praying this is just a "fog flare" and I will get through it soon.

one more thing; what lawyer did you use or did you do all the paper work yourself with help from friends or family?

To all who have made that next step closer and have a hearing date set.."congrates to you all too"!!! same questions for you all too.

I was also wondering if anyone got disibility for DDD without having major surgery? and having other health problems along with the DDD?

ok I am done.. thanks guys!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9997 View Post
wow!!! omg!!!

Thats 3!! 1 almost sure one def.? approval post if Im adding right, whats the main diseases? care to share any helpful hints?

Salutations spend wisely

teddy

I have MS... #1 Hint: Get a lawyer!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:16 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

I applied for SSd on May 18th. I received my approval letter yesterday, July 9th. 7 weeks. I live in MA. I have terminal cancer, so guess that makes a big difference. Not one to be happy about though. I'd rather be going back to work.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Uniqueone50, how did you get your surgeries for your back and carpel tunnel ? I am having the same problems. I am on LTD and i don't have any health insurance.I have a laywer working to get my checks for my LTD longer than 2 years. Which it does run out this month.I am so worried about my back problems. I have a cyst on my spine which needs to come out by surgery.
Littlelady2852

Old 07-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #13
(female)

uniqueone50 HB User

littlelady...I have private insurance so it wasn't a problem as far as paying for the surgery. My neurosurgeon wanted to do my carpal tunnel and neck surgery at the same time because he wasn't sure how much of numbness in my hand was caused by the carpal tunnel and how much was caused by my neck. The tests on my hand showed that the carpal tunnel was severe and of course the ruptured disc had to be repaired. I'm thankful that he did both and that I didn't have to go through a second surgery. I hope things work out for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to uniqueone50 For This Useful Post:
Jodiez (10-22-2012)
Old 07-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #14
(female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

Hi all........ I live in Pa.,I applied for ss in Jan of 2006 denied in June of 2006 (of course) then I appealed right away through my attorney. I just heard from my attorney the end of June of this year and they said my hearing is August 28th. I am pleasantly surprised I thought I wouldn't have a hearing for at least another year from all that I heard. I asked what I needed for my hearing like maybe character witnesses or perhaps more doctors to examine me and my attorney said that my reports and x-rays speak for themselves. All they want me to get is an updated paper filled out by my doctor. I am excited, nervous and sick to my stomach with anticipation about the hearing but at least the ball is rolling. I haven't worked in one and a half years so my husband is now working two full time jobs and it worries me so much and it also makes me feel so helpless. I am in constant pain and on many meds. If only financially my situation could change that would make a big difference . All I can do is hope that this goes well for me and for my family ... I will keep you posted. ANY ADVICE FOR MY HEARING WOULD REALLY HELP !!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #15
(female)

maebelle HB User

Hi...
If you scroll down a few posts you will be able to read my hearing experience.
It took over 3 yrs to have my day in front of the judge.Now I have to wait
another month or two before I recieve the decision.
My nerves are torn apart.It was agonizing waiting for the ALJ hearing date.
Now waiting on the decision is worse!Mae

Closed Thread