It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

tampatar HB User
should I appeal

Well just got over shock of denial - I knew it would be denied but I feel so awful that I thought surely someone would care and help me out - Anyway here we go
bilateral mastectomy in 97 with complications out the wazoo - failed skin grafts -at least 20 (no foolin') surgeries for complications
now have nerve damage in chest causing constant pain in chest, neck, left shoulder with lymphedema when things are bad neck looks like I have a softball on the side-unable to turn neck
my hands shake so badly that I have to type this slowly with index fingers
have herniated discs in lumbar spine - diabetes - hypertension - migraines - depression - and I hate to tell because you get that your full of it look but I have fibromyalgia which is the most horrible thing I deal with
I need 12-16 hours of sleep a day and I am still too pooped to even cry -
I have a ton of pain medicine, great doctor, and good compassionate lawyer but even with that I do not know if I can fight anymore - oh, almost forgot, a husband from heaven but I still feel beaten down????????? Tamp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
(female)

technomom HB User
Re: should I appeal

You should absolutely appeal. A great majority of people are denied simply because they forgot to dot an "i" or cross a "t". You should get an attorney to help you with the appeal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

For sure appeal.Often your denied the 1st time.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
(female)

cantell HB User

geezzz! you got your plate full girl! I can relate on the fibro thingy! and all the meds too! I told my doc the other day I was hearing voices! dont get me wrong this has never happened to me before in my life! it was very hard for me to tell the doc! but, I did cause I just knew it was the meds! she leans towards me an said to me....what do the voices say? all serious right? and I lean toward her and wisper they are telling me I am CRAZY! she's laughing now but I am NOT ..I then tell her the voices are not talking to me they are like a radio thats turned down just low enough to hear but not understand the words...then the music too..I can hear it but not make out the tune..grrr
she then say's that me hearing voices concern's her! yeah well its scaring the he77 outta me! so, anywho I tell her I am not taking no more meds. other than fexerell, bp med, and one other one to help me sleep..she's fine with that..then rams a long plastic thingy in my ear and tells me I have a really bad ear infection! found out later (next day inner ear infection causes you to hear things) its called tennins or something like that.

sorry got off subject...please appeal or file your reconcideration! dont wait to long..they put a time limit on you. I keep reading over and over how its not your diease its how your diease keeps you from working.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I agree you should appeal. Not sure of your age. I'm 42. I just got denied. The lawyer thinks it is solely because of my age. He said I will probably be denied two more times and only get it when I go before a judge. The lawyer said they don't even look at half the documentation. He said there are a list of 14 illnesses. If your illness is not in one of their boxes they deny you. It is black and white with them. No gray area. They expect some people will never appeal. That is what they want. So, please appeal. Good Luck.

Closed Thread