HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Disabilities (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/)
-   -   indiana (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/522995-indiana.html)

Lulu70 08-06-2007 07:46 PM

indiana

Anyone from indiana ever get approved for disability? if so how long was the process, is it one of the slow states?
thanks in advance

td9997 08-07-2007 07:00 AM

Re: indiana

hi lulu,

I live in Indiana now but was raised in DC Ive lived here for 30 years been fighting with Indiana since 1998 for SSD
Ive hired a lawyer group this time and Evan Bayh is supposed to help me carry the stone
we'll see

Not sure about anyone else getting approved here with no hassles

I know we live in the Cancer belt, were number 3 for poverty, and child abuse[ I never abused my children at all]

seems to me to be one of the poor states, the southern delta states are pretty poor

maybe someone else has better news for this state

good luck with it

teddy

:angel:

racingnanny 08-07-2007 07:17 PM

My husband and I live in Indiana and have been fighting SSD for almost 3 years. He has been disabled since November of 2004, filed in December 2004, got turned down on initial, filed a reconsideration and got turned down, then hired an attorney and contacted Evan Bayh to help us and we are still waiting for an appeals hearing. We receive an update on the case about every 6 months from Mr. Bayh but thats all we hear. We are supposedly waiting on them to assign his case to a judge.
In the meantime we have lost our home, and everything we worked so hard to get just to get by. It seems to me like this is what they want, so the person who filed will go back to work, but I am sorry he can't work. We are not giving up. I have spoke to people from Indiana who have been fighting SSD for over 5 years and still do not have it.
Please hang in there, our time will come eventually.

Nancy

td9997 08-07-2007 07:44 PM

I live in Richmond one hr North of Dayton Ohio
Indiana is a beautiful State

but we have way too many corn fields

:angel:

Lulu70 08-07-2007 09:08 PM

wow, i just filed in early july. How do you survive? Doctor visits?
Right now I'm still on sick leave, I dont get paid but I do still have my insurance. I'm struggling with the copayments though. I am so worried about what happens if I dont have my insurance how do I pay for my perscriptions, or visits, or anything for that matter. I live closer to Chicago, I'm sure it doesnt matter Indiana is Indiana. I do aleady have an attorney, I cant handle the paperwork and organize everything so doing it alone wasnt an option for me. So these posts are really discouraging. I am so sorry you lost your house, thats one of my main concerns. If I could work, or find a job I could handle I would do it, which Im sure anyone would.
I will remember you all in prayer!!!!
thanks for the quick replies....