It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Angry Workman's comp checks

Can anyone please give me advise on when injured on job, filed for ssd and do have attorney for workman's comp case, when should Workman's comp checks arrive? My husband injured at work, he's been hospitalized 2 times in past 2 months severe back injuries and no workman's comp check yet.
Attorney says anyday w/c check will arrive. It's been 2 months, is this normal? We have no income. Any advise appreciated. thanks.

BeHappy2

Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
(female)

curious84 HB User
Re: Workman's comp checks

No, 2mos is not normal.. at the least they should have sent a check after the 2nd week of disability.

Sounds like you may need a new attorney.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red face Re: Workman's comp checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious84 View Post
No, 2mos is not normal.. at the least they should have sent a check after the 2nd week of disability.

Sounds like you may need a new attorney.
My husband was told he would have a w/c check in mail within 2 weeks.
He and i both have been told by attorney w/c check will be coming soon.
We have no idea why no checks yet, other than attorney says pressure has been put on w/c to get w/c mailed out. You may be right about a new attorney, but we both had positive confidence when hiring this attorney.
Thanks for your response here, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, must be just us. We are both disabled and have 0 income at this time. This has caused extreme stress which we do not need added.

If you can
BeHappy2

Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Hi BeHappy...sorry you husband had to enter the WC system. It could be your attorney and it could be WC. My money is on WC. They stall, lie and will tell you the check is in the mail when it isn't. Sometimes they tell you it's in the mail and then deny your case therefore a check won't be coming at atll. SOrry to be so negative but I have seen alot from these horrible people. In my state as long as you have been out of work for 7 days the IC has 21 days to either pay you or deny your claim hence in my state a check for 3 weeks would usually be rec'd about a month after filing the claim, allowing for their slowness and the mail. Best of luck.

ICC

Old 08-24-2007, 05:28 AM   #5
(male)

HAGFAN HB User

I would call your states dept. of Workforce Development & they will tell you if you have checks coming or not. WC has to abide to state laws for paying you on time or they risk getting fined. You wiat for a atty. you'll go nuts! Call these people, they will tell you flat out if your claim should be paid on or if it is being denied. Good Luck & hang in there.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angry Re: Workman's comp checks

Thanks ICC and Hagfan for w/c advice here. Your right ICC, i think this W/C system is messed up and wish we did not have to enter the system. Hagfan i'm a little confused of how to locate the states dept. of workforce development but will do some research on this. When no income is coming in something has to be done immediately. Hubby was hospitalized again this week and his attorney said will get check 2-3 days. Guess what, No check.
I feel we're getting the run around here and will do the best to see what's actually happening. Any other ideas, please post. Thanks.

BeHappy2

Old 08-27-2007, 04:48 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Morning all. BeHappy...is your attorney giving you a reason for the holdup? He can petition the courst against the IC for withholding your husband's checks. Make him work for you . that's why you hired him and if he isn't going to , then you need to report him and maybe seek another attorney. You don't want to be getting no answers from your attorney if this claim goes the distance. It makes an IW and their family all upside down. Best of luck.

ICC

Old 08-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

I would be bugging my attorney everyday until I got my checks .. w/c tried this with me to , they lie and hold your checks just to be ignorant . If your attorney is doing nothing get rid of him , he's supposed to be working for you and by the sounds of it he is lazy . Sorry for your hardship , I'm having money issues to .. Its tuff with very little income , I couldn't imagine having none .

Shawley

Old 08-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angry Re: Workman's comp checks

Shawley, I want to say a big Thank You, i read your w/c & disability posts and that is how i discovered my hubby needed to sign up for ssd along with the w/c. We would not have known this at all if you had not posted it, thanks so much for info. This is why its so important to have boards like this to help a person in need. My hubby tried calling his attorney today and will try again and again. He said he's ready to fire attorney, i have no idea how that works since he did have to sign a contract with the attorney. This is just so unfair to be seriously injured on job and having such a hard time getting w/c to pay. This attorney will have to put the pressure on w/c fast. Any other advice you have, more than willing to listen. Having no income is something a person would never think would happen. Thanks Shawley.

BeHappy2

Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 AM   #10
(male)

HAGFAN HB User

I agree, if you have any problems with checks not coming when they are entitled to you, Dept. Workforce Devlp. Will pursue them and fine the wc company. I've seen it happen personally!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

deltaelise HB User

When my husband was almost killed at work, we were without money for well over a year. I don't know how we made it. Dealing with W/C was the hardest thing we ever had to do. I don't know how the W/C lawyers can face their families at night. At one point during them treating us badly we each almost committed suicide it got that bad. Tell your lawyers if they don't help you you will get another. They get paid plenty of money. W/C people are evil so don't let them keep what is rightfully yours.

Last edited by deltaelise; 09-10-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
(female)

sillysue50 HB User

Work Comp is a pain in the ***! I was injured and waited 8 months before they would issue a check, they basically do what they want when they want. You need to speak with a Work Comp attorney and even then it can take forever. But when they do pay, you should get all weeks in arrears. Good Luck my friend but turn this in to an attorney or the Work Comp Board for you your state! It is rediculous

Old 09-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #13
(female)

sillysue50 HB User

Yes you can fire your attorney, even if you signed a contract. If he is working on a percentage and is not doing you any justice get rid of him becasue believe it or not they actually sometimes work with the Work Comp Adjusters...not good! You need to get a good attorney who will work for you...you hired him, he is working for you...tell your attorney that. He is your employee and you would like response. You sometimes have to let them know that they may be professional but you have some common sense as well. don't let them get over on you, go after what you deserve!

Old 09-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #14
(female)

cliftsofdover HB User

call your states attorney general, tell him of your situation, that is what he is there for -- When they hear from him you will get action .

Old 09-17-2007, 06:23 AM   #15
(male)

larbec7 HB User

If you are getting Long Term Disability and injured on the job do you get additional funds? How does this work?

Closed Thread