It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User
Another Adult Function Report received.

I filled out the first report before I was denied. My appeal was filed in June 2007. Today I received the Function Report and a Third Party Function Report. The lawyer wants me to go in and fill it out with him. He said they usually don't do the Third party one because it is the same info. I would have only filled it out anyway for my husband and had him sign it. Has anyone heard of filling another one of these out again. I remember the first one being time consuming and useless. I am worse then I was when it was filled out the first time so maybe it will help. Who knows. Don't know if it is a good sign or not.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Another Adult Function Report received.

I was acually hoping to have the opportunity to update the info on mine as a lot has changed for the worse since my initial report was filled out. One I was in an independent housing unit, now I live with someone who shares the cooking and cleaning and other chores. I also depend more on her for shopping, although I am closer to my shopping now and can go more often than I could in the past. I am also closer to a drugstore and have closer PT office. I am hoping that these changes and the fact I have had a wide variety of med changes and some other health issues cropping up to contend with might be helpful in making a decision. Right now I seldom do anything more strenuous than washing a few dishes and nuking a meal. I am not able to carry out activities I could even 6 months ago. My strength has really declined.

I hope I get the opportunity to update this info as well. We wait so long and then may be graded on info that is obsolete. I do hope that is addressed in my hearing, once I get there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
(female)

ellemae11 HB User

Who knows. Don't know if it is a good sign or not.[/QUOTE]

I don't feel it is a waste to fill out another. This is YOUR chance to tell SSD how you go through the day and what you CANNOT do that you once could do.

Last edited by ellemae11; 01-22-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Is this standard procedure to get a second batch of forms to fill out after you've done the initial and had the first interview? Is it a good sign to get another batch? I thought I was all done and was just waiting when I got the second packet of forms. It took me a whole week to fill them out, and I got a call from Social Security after a week asking if I had gotten the forms and if I had filled them out and sent them back yet. I was actually kind of surprised that they were so on top of it.

Emily

Old 12-08-2007, 05:52 AM   #5
(female)

ellemae11 HB User

I wonder if they wanted to compare what you wrote on the first one with the last one.

Last edited by ellemae11; 01-22-2008 at 06:42 AM.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

I wondered that, too. The second set was more specific about what I can and can't do and how things have changed, but there were some questions that were similar to the first set.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Emily, I t sounds like I received this as well and it was returned via mail to some place in Kentucky of all places. I had to outline what my typical day was like. What kind of yard work I do etc.

It really made me realize how little I have been doing. I do stuff but am unable to do it without my kids. If my kids were not with me 24/7, I think I would need some hired help. Very sad and only 43.

I have never had a meeting with anyone. Apparently social services called while I was in the hospital and they talked to my Dad.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, that's exactly what it was, and it went to London, Kentucky. So detailed, and I tried to be as precise as I could, outlining how my family helped so I could accomplish certain things. Today I got a letter saying they had received my info and saying how complicated the procedure is, how it takes a long time, how they'll be working closely with local physicians, etc., etc., etc. In other words, be patient. There's lots of red tape to go through.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
(female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

Hmmm... see how everyone has it so different with this. I only had forms my doctor's filled out about what I can't/shouldn't do. I had two doctor's summit this, my general pract. did it twice. My husband did summit a letter as well to state how I had changed since my illness and what my family has to do now.... I was never seen by their doctors ever. I was turned down with the initial application(of course) then had a court date which I went to and when it was my turn the judge said my doctor's reports and tests speak for themselves and he did not need to speak with me so I never even entered the judges room. He gave me a fully favorable on the spot as long as I gave up two months of backpay(no problem there at all, I would have given them my soul, lol ). I still say if you have the documentation and PROOF of what you CAN NOT do , not what your illness says you can't do then it surely helps.......and I am 'only' 45 so my age had no bearing on this as well....... keep fighting and just summit everything and then some..... take-care,

Old 12-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

It sounds like I am just a little behind you in the paperwork cycle. I mailed mine in last Tuesday.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:26 AM   #11
(female)

ellemae11 HB User

Hang in there all.

Last edited by ellemae11; 01-22-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Closed Thread