It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

ashleighlarison HB User
Question How do I register my service dog?

Hello..I am new to HealthBoards. I am seeking information on how to register my cannine as a service dog/assistance dog? I have had PTSD for two years. Also, diagnosis of Major Depression-recurrent. My dog has stopped me from suicide four times. She is very sensitive. She licks the tears from my cheeks and that snaps me back to reality. I also struggle with dissocation/detachment. My hallucinations have increased I am currently in counseling and was doing some work with the EMDR therapy. Recently, I had a death in the family (my mother) I had another breakdown and was suicidal and had to have another hospitalization in a Behavioral Science Unit. My doctor wants to write a letter for me. He agrees that my new dog is a necessity for me. He just needs some type of paperwork to write the letter. If you have any information on how to register her as a service/assistance dog please let me know. I hope I have explained this well enough..I have had difficulty concentrating and processing. I still have nightmares and full body jerks, the body movements happen when I am going to sleep and during the day. They have increased my doseage of Seroquel, Wellbutrin, and klonopin. I hope I have given enough information? Please, let me know who can help me register my dog. Thanks for any and all information. You may call me Ashleighlarison.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deltaelise HB User
Re: How do I register my service dog?

Hi I am not sure as to how to register your dog but maybe contact the web site of the Humane Society.
I might also suggest that if your suicidal thoughts continue, you might need to change your anti depressive medication. I have had to change mine many times.
I believe there are other forums for depression that might help you too
Dogs are the kindest most considerate of all species who love us no matter what. I am grateful your dog has saved you many times and I hope you can find the answer about getting her registered.
Please take care

Last edited by deltaelise; 02-13-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Closed Thread