It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

yogirex HB User
Here's a good laugh

Got my denial letter, so started going through the stages to prepare for an appeal, Just got back from the local SS office, to get a copy of my file to see what they based their decision on, at first they said I couldn't get a copy, when I pressed for it, then they said I needed a reason, pressed some more, a so-called manager came out, handed me a disc, and said my complete file was on the disc, I said thank you and left. Upon putting it into my computer, it automatically takes you to the SS web page and you can look at the documents in your file. I did. There are only three (one page) forms in it, one from the CE Consultant, one from the mental capabilities exam, and one from the case worker, two only partials copies of the letters my daughter sent on my behalf, and a bunch of fax cover pages. There is nothing from any of the doctor's I listed, no copies of any tests, nothing from any hospitals I went too. Absolutely nothing!! What a joke. So then I called the 800 number, and ask who could I complain to, they said "no one", just go back and give the guy who gave me the disc an ear full, and see if I could get hard copies, but don't count on it. The 800 number ladies suggestion was I should just contact my congressman. There was nothing more she could suggest. Then asked me if I could think of anyone I could suggest they could recommend to other people when they have a problem?????? Haven't had a good laugh like that in a long time!!! GEEZZZZ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

deltaelise HB User
Re: Here's a good laugh

I's all so scary to me

Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

If your case is anything like some of the others, no wonder most are denied the first go around. I still stand by my assessment that they deny almost all and find out who's serious via who appeals & etc.

Sorry this has happened to you.

Ex

Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
(male)

Pioneer HB User

Im sorry your getting put through the load like this .. I can tell you that I actually got to touch and read my file for a few minutes before I went to see the judge and it was as about 3/4 of a post-it note thick. I had everything in there, im assuming my lawyer prepared it I guess.

I can tell you this, I couldnt really find anything that WASNT in there from what I saw. There was stuff in mine I dont know how it got in there but it was true stuff, I just wonder how much of it was really used. Good luck to you and be prepared to end up having to go to court, they are pains about thing first couple steps.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Yogirex, I just got a cd of all my records, too, in preparation for my appeal to a hearing stage. I thought everything in there was only one page, as that's how it looked for everything I clicked on. I finally saw that there is a link for a couple of programs you can ******** that will let you see "multi-page" documents. Some of those documents that looked like only cover sheets and single pages ended up being 80 pages long! I downloaded the one called "black ice." It's pretty easy to use, but all the files will come up as long numbers. You won't be able to tell what's what. I made a list of the last four digits of each long number and what it was so I can find the ones I want to see in the future. You can ******** the basic program for free. If you upgrade it, you can get a few more features, but the basic program did just fine for me.

I called the 800 number to ask for help, too, and they were clueless. It took me two days of clicking and puzzling to find that section that has the links for those programs. It's right on the opening page when you insert the cd. I just didn't read it carefully. I guess I was too eager to see what the documents were and didn't take the time to look at the "how to" info.

I hope this helps.

Blessings,
Emily

Last edited by BlueAtlas; 06-10-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

yogirex HB User

Thanks, I will check it out, but I used another program, and looked at each image individually, and all that was there was a cover sheet, but I will check it out though, doesn't hurt to take the extra step. Thanks for the tip.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
(female)

lynn31326 HB User

That, sounds crazy to me, It like they never even looked at your med files... I know I have been told, that the doctor (their doc) test you cannot send you a copy, But you can get one from SSA. I was told that by every doctor that they sent me to. I know you can go to the SSA web site and file a complint, I done it when I first applied, and they lost my birth cert. and claimed they did not get it, then 2 years later, they mail it back to me. Took them two years to find it. But no one ever responded to it anyway.
let me know what happened
Lynn

Closed Thread