It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
(female)

Mouses HB User
Add me to the "Shaking and Waiting" List

I just got off the phone with SSA and was told that a decision was made on the 25th and that I should receive my notification in the mail any day now. I've been shaking since I got off the phone (which was about 30 minutes ago) and don't see any sign that it's gonna stop.

I keep thinking how great it would be to "beat the odds" and have an approval on my first try ... then reality sets back in.

I've been lurking around here for quite a while and have been glad to hear others' stories. You've definitely helped me be as prepared as possible in case this is just the beginning of the battle.

Thanks,
Amy

Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
(female)

jean1221 HB User
Re: Add me to the "Shaking and Waiting" List

you can try call the 800 number they can give you the answer. But you have to be sly about it. Say you dont understand what happens next say you know the decision was made on the 25th and you want to know what happens next. They usually give you the detail. They should eaither say you can appeal or they are figuring your benifits. GOOD LUCK!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
(female)

lynn31326 HB User

Any, good luck there are some ppl who get approved first time out, I hope you will be one of them

Jean, Thanks for my laugh for the day. Yea! you have to try to ahead of them some how.
lynn

Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: Add me to the "Shaking and Waiting" List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouses View Post
I just got off the phone with SSA and was told that a decision was made on the 25th and that I should receive my notification in the mail any day now. I've been shaking since I got off the phone (which was about 30 minutes ago) and don't see any sign that it's gonna stop.

I keep thinking how great it would be to "beat the odds" and have an approval on my first try ... then reality sets back in.

I've been lurking around here for quite a while and have been glad to hear others' stories. You've definitely helped me be as prepared as possible in case this is just the beginning of the battle.

Thanks,
Amy

Hi Amy,

I was one of those approved on the FIRST inital stage. Hope yours is the same.

Vergie

Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Good luck and I pray that you are approved.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
(female)

shananava HB User

I called both the 1800 # and local office and got all the info I could once it was approved. Just get all the info you can out of them. Shannon

Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
(female)

Mouses HB User

Well, it appears that my combination of excitement and dread while waiting for an answer to arrive in the mail was all for naught. When the letter didn't arrive today I called SSA back to ask more questions.

While it was true that a decision has been made, it was then sent for review. So I guess I'm looking at another month to 60 days before I hear anything.

Sigh.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: Add me to the "Shaking and Waiting" List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouses View Post
Well, it appears that my combination of excitement and dread while waiting for an answer to arrive in the mail was all for naught. When the letter didn't arrive today I called SSA back to ask more questions.

While it was true that a decision has been made, it was then sent for review. So I guess I'm looking at another month to 60 days before I hear anything.

Sigh.
Hi Mouses,

Thats a positive note. Ususally the "quality reviews" are mostly done on APPROVALS as I know it. Its just way in which SSA has an internal dept. to make sure folks are doing their jobs....Just more patients on your part!!

Vergie

Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
(female)

Mouses HB User

I missed a call from my local SSA office this morning. They were calling to get more information to "process my claim." I've called them back but after holding quite a while I was sent to voicemail. I've left a message, and the original message said they would call me back later today. So now I wait.

What has my interest piqued and my hopes up is that I've heard that usually, at this point, if they are asking for "more information to process your claim" then they are really needing more info to start the process of payment.

Also, when I called the toll free SSA number yesterday, the rep seemed surprised that I had not received a call from my local office yet. It makes me think he also saw a status change when he looked up my case.

So, for now, I'm sitting here on pins and needles! I realize I may be getting my hopes up for nothing, but I just can't help it. If I haven't received a call-back by 3pm, I'll definitely place another call.

Crossing my fingers!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
(female)

Mouses HB User

I never got a hold of anyone by phone, so I went into the office first thing Friday morning.

I'm approved!

I announced it with a few more details on a new thread:

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=619193[/url]

Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 AM   #11
(female)

pulskaki HB User
Question Re: Add me to the "Shaking and Waiting" List

Can any one help me I sent everything in for SSI and now what will the next step be... it has been 11 months I keep reading where people have called that 800 # but I don't have a 800# or any other ### so what do I do now can any one tell me this?????
KIMMIE-KAT

Old 07-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #12
(male)

waiting4ever HB User

Hello, here is the # 1-800-772-1213 and this is Social Security website [url]http://www.ssa.gov/[/url]

Closed Thread