It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

happygirl440 HB User
Question What happens if you file then get cancer or something else?

Hi,

What happens if you file for like fibro then end up with cancer while waiting?
Will they still approve you or would you need to file a new claim since that wasn't listed on your original claim?

Thanks,
Cindy

Old 06-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

lynn31326 HB User
Re: What happens if you file then get cancer or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl440 View Post
Hi,

What happens if you file for like fibro then end up with cancer while waiting?
Will they still approve you or would you need to file a new claim since that wasn't listed on your original claim?

Thanks,
Cindy
I would like an answer to this question also, My mother has Fibro, but in the past month she has been in the hosp. due to Fibro pain, Doc overdosed her with pain meds, My mother had a 2 mini strokes, Has a filter in her leg, due the massive amount of clots forming in her leg, and running up her body. (She also became blind due to strokes) She is in worst shape than she was when she applied.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

roses4lace HB User

I don't know for certain, but there should be no reason to ever file a new claim, just update the current one with new doctors, new diagnoses. It should make your case for disability even stronger, with the multiple medical problems.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User
Red face Re: What happens if you file then get cancer or something else?

Happygirl.. Hello neighbor !! I am in Loweys. Near Chester SC.It sure is good to see someone else on here from so close.
I applied for Social Security Disability about 4 months ago, they sent me a letter the other day for me a appointment to see 2 doctors in Rock Hill next week.
I have to see one for a cyst on my spine and another one for my Carpal Tunnel in both wrists.
I have to see both doctors on the same day.lol
I have no idea what they do at these doctors visits, but i have heard from so many people that they were in there for onl;y 5 minutes or so. They really don't check you that good.
We shall see soon.
Littlelady2852

Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
(female)

Mouses HB User

My gut tells me that they would want to update the case with the new information. I remember getting a letter after I first applied telling me to make sure I let them know about any additional medical care I receive. It sounded to me like they wanted to know even if I just had a quick trip to the ER or something.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

roses4lace HB User

Keep your current claim updated with ongoing medical problems, new doctors, etc, but don't file a new claim. You have an application date on your current filing which will be used for back pay purposes, and if you file a new claim, you would lose all that time/back pay. Social Security can provide back pay up to 1 year prior to the date of the claim on an SSDI case, so you don't want a newer date put on your claim.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
(female)

happygirl440 HB User

Thanks for the info to all who replyed. I just wasn't sure if they could say that you didn't "file" that on your original claim so you can't get approved for it....
Little Lady, I've heard of Chester but not sure where it is. I just moved to Rock Hill, SC My hubby has been in Rock Hill for over a year now. Glad to be with him now. We moved for his job. Soon I will learn everything.
DO you know of any good Dr's in Rock Hill? I need a pain management and heart Dr. Thanks, Cindy

Old 07-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User
Unhappy Re: What happens if you file then get cancer or something else?

Hello, No i don't know of any pain mgmt.doctors in Rock Hill . I have no health insurance or money to go to the doctors here. I sure wish i could.My back hurts 24/7. All i am able to take is Zanaflex (Muscle Relaxers) for the pain.
Littlelady2852 .. Karen

Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
(female)

happygirl440 HB User

Is there a free Clinic you can go to?
Cindy

Old 07-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #10
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User
Unhappy Re: What happens if you file then get cancer or something else?

I go to free clinic here in Chester but they really don't give you PAIN meds. Just Muscle relaxers.
I also get my other free meds there too.High Blood Pressure, Cholestral and anti depressants.
Karen

Old 07-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
(female)

happygirl440 HB User

Karen,
What about the $4.00 scripts at like walmart is there something on that list that could help you?
Cindy

Closed Thread