It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

glasson92 HB User
When to expect payment?

My husbands case got out of quality review last week, we received a letter dated July 3, 2008 that he was "medically approved" and will receive another letter soon. His file was sent electronically to local office but they haven't scanned it in yet. We are set up for direct deposit and were told once the local office has file they can take application over the phone for the kids benefits. There is no SSI involved just stritcly ss disability. When should we expect any $. I have heard it could take some time only if there is ssi involved, that is why they send it to your local office b/c they pay that, but if there is no ssi then was the medical decision sent to the payment center as well as local office. I am confused b/c some people say they receive back pay before getting a letter. Does the local office process the payment or is it the payment center in Baltimore?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
(female)

lynn31326 HB User
Re: When to expect payment?

If if is also getting SSI will it done at your local officet that's why they always come first, with payment and backpay.
If you know your payment center is MD, then that's where the SSDI will be processed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
(female)

jean1221 HB User

it is not paid by your local office. It is sent to payment processing. It can take up to 60 days. Once it gets to payment center they calculate to see what your backpay is then they scan it to see if you owe any back taxes, childsupport, statepayment ect. But you can call and check to see if they have an amout and a date throgh the 800 # also if there was an attorney he gets paid first. There is realy no way to know it may take just days or it could take weeks.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
(female)

lynn31326 HB User

Allow me to expand my answer,

SSI is calculated in your local office, approved Then transmitted to the payment center for payment. This is why SSI payments come before SSDI payments, SSDI payments are calculated in the payment center
If you are geting both you will see the any letters about an SSI payment is sent from your local office, and SSDI payments come from the payment center that services your area.

Sorry for the mix up

Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
(female)

glasson92 HB User

When we got the "medical approval" it stated we would recieve another letter regarding all the non-medical so then this is coming from the payment center? I was told last week that his file got sent electronically to the local office but when we called the 800# today they said it went to payment center in Maryland. So we are very confused b/c as of yesterday the local office hasn't scanned in his file. Does the local office get the file b/c of dependents?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: When to expect payment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasson92 View Post
When we got the "medical approval" it stated we would recieve another letter regarding all the non-medical so then this is coming from the payment center? I was told last week that his file got sent electronically to the local office but when we called the 800# today they said it went to payment center in Maryland. So we are very confused b/c as of yesterday the local office hasn't scanned in his file. Does the local office get the file b/c of dependents?
Hi Glasson,

The most important bit of info you received was "Its at the payment center." Thats where the $$$ come from. I believe all the files are kept in Baltimore, Maryland, but with the info i shared thru-out the states. The order of events, I beleive is Maryland being the headquarters, keyed in the info, forwarded, to local office. The local office also has all info rgarding all recipients, including children.

Vergie

Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
(female)

grannygonecrazy HB User

Hello everyone,i have been sitting back reading posts for the last few days,so today i'm gonna add my gripes.I'm right along with the rest of you trying to put all pieces together when it comes to this SS --bull,i get 1 thing figured out when i receive in the mail letters from SS.stating something else.First started off receiving SSI in June & July got a small back pay check.Well now i've received a or should i say several letters from SS.As of this month now,my ssi has stopped and i start receiving SS disability benefits.I called my worker at local office,they have changed my SSDI benefit amt twice,& i received my medicare card few days ago.Well,i asked my worker does this mean i'm no longer eligible for medicaid,he rumbles thru papers & says to continue using my medicaid card!!???? I don't have the slightest idea what is going on & don't think they do either!!!!!So what now do i do about my medicare card,because he sure didn't explain it to me??I tell you,ya have to be a college professor to figure all this out!!! I sure do sympathize with the rest of ya,like me trying to put the pieces together!!!Good Luck & Bless Ya!! We are all in the same boat!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
(female)

grannygonecrazy HB User
Lightbulb Re: When to expect payment?

Sorry,but i forgot to add that all my SSDI letters about my monthly benefit & back pay came from office of central operations in Baltimore,Maryland.Thought this might answer a few questions!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:00 AM   #9
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

Granny,
I have to agree with you-does anyone at SSA communicate? It is like they all are on different planets or something!I would not wish this on anyone, but how would the people that work there (and run that place) feel it thier paychecks (money they have EARNED,just like we have paid into the system and EARNED for ourselves), were held forever, and they were told a different story everything they called to find out what the heck is going on! I am glad I have you all to vent to-I wish us all luck-Take care-Rachel

Closed Thread