It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
(female)

rickswife07 HB User
STILL waiting on SSDI backpay!!!!

I am so sick of Social Security I could scream.
We have been told so many dates-I wish I could put people and creditors I owe money to off like that!
When we were approved April 1st 2008,we were told 60 days until we would be getting our backpay (from SSDI) Then, we were told "soon" All the letters we have gotten contradicted themselves,saying they have agreed to the lawyers fee, then the next section said "once the fee agreement has been settled" we would recieve our back-pay! The last correspondence with them said we would get our 1st SSDI payment on or around July 3rd (which we did) and our backpay would come no later than 30 days afterward,possibly sooner. I check that bank account every single morning to just be dissappointed. I am just ranting because it makes me so angry!
Thanks for listening, I will update when we finally,if we ever, recieve it.
Take care all and hang in there! -Rachel

The following user gives a hug of support to rickswife07:
Shannon808 (09-26-2011)
Old 07-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
(male)

Jscw66 HB User
Re: STILL waiting on SSDI backpay!!!!

Hi it's jscw66,

I am in the same boat as you are. I check my account everyday and nothing. I call several times this past week. They keep telling me the last time my backpay was work on was June 23, 2008. and it still in payment processing center in Maryland and says they are extremely behind on payment processing that I should get a letter about it this week. If not give them a call. This is frustating and doesn't make sense at all. I am really angry.

I wanted all this end so can pay my crediators and move on with my life. It is been for me approxiately 60 days. I was told my attorney has already ben paid in early June. So how much longer do we wait?

I will let you know you know when i recieved any news. good luck to us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

Like I said before, if we owed the government money, do you think they would accept the answer that "we are still working on it,check back if you do not hear anything next week"?!!!
I just think it is terrible and I feel like I am so close to the end and want this nightmare to be over---I would not wish this on anybody!
I wish us luck too--keep me posted! -Rachel

Old 07-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
(male)

Jscw66 HB User

Me too. I like this long and dreadful process to end for me and everybody who going through this. We all so close the end . SSA need gets their act together gets people they back money they have wait so long for.-People like me allready has alot of debt and bills need to pay off. I wish they hurry hup. I am tempted to call I decide a few more days to see if I hear something thing.

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #5
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

Just checked this morning---NOTHING AGAIN!!
I am getting so aggravated, what the heck is taking so long?
I will check again tomorrow-hope you have better luck-keep me posted!
-Rachel

Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
(male)

Jscw66 HB User

I check my account this morning and NOTHING too. I am tired of this and very angry about this . my attorney had already been paid, I was told he got 5300. I have so far 2 months of ssdi payments so far. it been since April 2008 since my payment been at the processing center and June 23, 2008 the last time they work on it. I am not going to call 800 number i heard that delays things

Old 07-24-2008, 04:56 AM   #7
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

I heard that same thing too. My husband (whose case this actually is and has to do the calling anyway) refuses to call them or even the lawyer to see what is going on. He is depressed about it and just desperately wants to pay his bills and creditors-it is not like we are taking the money to go on a 2 month cruise or something!!!!!!!!!! He is afraid to call the lawyer b/c they might try to charge him for that, and he might be right. I guess I will just check tomorrow and I will vent on here then when my account is empty-good luck to you tomorrow-let me know either way! Take care, Rachel mad::

Last edited by rickswife07; 07-24-2008 at 04:57 AM.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User

This reply is for both of you and I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I don't understand why they are dragging all this out and I think it is very cruel. I don't have any pointers for you but just wanted to give you both hugs and best wishes and I just know you will hear something soon. I don't think there is a rhymn or reason on the order of the procedures.

Good luck and try and keep your head up high because I know you both must be so discouraged.

Take Care
Linda

Old 07-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
(female)

janielou75 HB Userjanielou75 HB User

I don't really think calling the 1-800 munber will delay anything but maybe just call them every two weeks.
I was always sccared to call them too but it's a good thing I did a few days ago because I found out they had the wrong address for me and they corrected it for me.
I was treated very kindly by this particular agent.
I bet those of you that have been waiting for a couple of months for your back pay will see something soon since it's all in the system now and moving along
I have only been waiting about a month and a week.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 AM   #10
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

Thanks for all the replies. It feels like you are beating your head against a wall everyday. EVERY morning I check our account 1st thing and nothing is there. It is hard to know you have promised to pay people you owe and,in our case, have promised your kids things--then you have to keep telling everyone "I am still waiting on my back-pay check,once it comes...". I try to be positive and look at how far we have come, but the wait when you are so close to the end, seems like the longest wait of all for us. Hopefully next week will be our week-I will let you all know-thanks for the thoughts and prayers,I will be doing the same for you all- Rachel

Old 07-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #11
(female)

Ahoyte86 HB User

IM very new to this board. I am only 22 yrs old and its my father who has become disable.. Ive been taking care of him on my own now for about 2 yrs. He became disable dec 25 2006 christmas moring he had his 1st stroke. I hired a lawyer to help us recived ssi and or ssdi.. hoping that we would get it faster. That was a joke! I ended up doing all the work myself. but ne way i recived the letter that he was approved for both ssi and ssdi. 3 days later i got the entilement letter. Im hoping someone can help me with the usally time frame. It said he would get his 1st check next month.. now what about retro?? Is that going to take alot longer?? I love my father very much and its been the two of us for awhile and theres been so many worries.. I just got laid off from work and can't find another one.. hes unable to work I don't know whats going to happen.. hopefully he starts reciveing next month but the retro would really help out as well. Well thanks for leting me vent! any help you could tell me would be great! thankyou!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #12
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

You are a good daughter and your dad is lucky to have you in his corner!
I would think he would get his SSI payment 1st, if he is entitled to backpay from them sometimes that will come before the 1st payment-but will not be for the whole amount if it is significant (they like to divide that up). Then he will recieve his SSDI, then he has to wait for the SSDI back-payments, that is where I am at now. Some people get thier back-pay before their 1st payment on SSDI too. The one thing you can count on with social security is that they are unpredictable. Alot of things are changing for them, with wait times getting to be less, hopefully that is the case for your dad! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers-vent anytime you need to-Take care -Rachel

Shannon808 (09-26-2011)
Old 07-28-2008, 03:47 AM   #13
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

Monday morning and another check on the bank account revealed nothing! I guess there is always tomorrow! -Rachel

Shannon808 (09-26-2011)
Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 AM   #14
(female)

janielou75 HB Userjanielou75 HB User

Me too Rachel, maybe tomorrow

Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 AM   #15
(female)

rickswife07 HB User

Where the heck is that back-pay? How long does it take to process it? I am so dissappointed!!! Hopefully someone else has better news today-good luck to all -Rachel

Closed Thread