It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User
After you go to their doctors...

How long after you go to thier doctors does it take to hear something from SSD ?
Karen

Old 08-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

daph10 HB User
Re: After you go to their doctors...

I had to go to 2 CE exams for ssdi. The last one was on JUly 11th. On july 28th I rec'd an Award Letter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

wOW.. That was fast.. I hope mine goes that fast too. Mine should have sent me to have a MRI on my spine but they sent me to have a Xrays and the other doctor i went to was he done a exam on me.
I just hurt all the darn time, from the time i wake up till i go to bed at night and sometimes during the night. Its TERRIBLE.
Karen

Old 08-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelady2852 View Post
wOW.. That was fast.. I hope mine goes that fast too. Mine should have sent me to have a MRI on my spine but they sent me to have a Xrays and the other doctor i went to was he done a exam on me.
I just hurt all the darn time, from the time i wake up till i go to bed at night and sometimes during the night. Its TERRIBLE.
Karen

Did you get copies of your xray report? I would not wait for them to call you...call them, and call those doctors for copies of your reports...verify what was found on that xray, and see where you stand....They probably won't pay for an MRI, as you know, even though it may be the best type of diagnostic test for your condition....

I filed Mar 31 '08 and was approved Aug 01 '08....I never waited on them to call, nor did I wait for them to request records...I always sent them the records myself, along with a follow up call to confirm they got them....

If you have not done so, call and find out if they are waiting on any other medical records, from any of the treating sources you listed...if they are, go get them yourself, and send them in now....

How do your medications effect you? make sure you COMPLETELY document how you react to your meds, and send that to DDS aswell....

good luck!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Wldfowlr.. I jusy don't understand this.. After i had my visits with their doctors with having the physical and xrays i have called the SSD people and asked them can i have copies of my records and they said they cannot release them to me until the doctors are through looking over them. I even called my doctor and asked them could i have copies of my records and they said they could not do that.They said its in the DDS 's hands.
All my medications i take for my back does not do any good, they just make me sleepy and depressed. I told my doctor the other day when i seen him for all the pain i am hacving and the numbess and Pin like feelings and weakness in my legs he said that he could not give me any narcodic. He is not that kind of doctor. This is a free clinic i go too. He did understand that i was in so much pain he told me he felt bad that there was nothing he could do. I was crying and so upset about all this when i left the room.When i got ready to leave the office he told the lady at the desk that he wanted my file on his desk ASAP. I just don't know what else to do..
Karen

Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Karen...Sit down and type a letter, addressed directly to your DDS examiner, explaining what you just posted, in much more personal detail...start from the beginning, and go up to today.....explain how your disability has effected your life, how your medications effect you on any given day, ....

Explain that you are having to go to the free clinic, therefore you are not getting the level of care you would like to get....tell them about your pain, depression,etc....Explain to them what your doctor has said about pain medication...

YOU CAN'T rely on them to "sort it all out". They are required to assist you in gathering evidence of disability, but it is up to YOU to prove it. The most important thing you have to due is prove you CAN'T work at all.

Go back to that doctor, at the clinic, and ask him to do an RFC...if he can't help you with your pain, ask him to help you with your case....

It would not be a bad idea to get someone that knows you, very well, to do the same thing....write a letter on how they see you on a daily basis, and how they have seen your life change....

Get online and find stuff related to your disability...Prove to them that the xray is not as medically excepted as proof of your condition, as an MRI/CT is, and due to your lack of insurance, you feel that it is warranted....None this is fool proof, but atleast you are fighting for yourself, and not waiting on them...

I always faxed mine directly to my examiner, then would call a few hours later to confirm they actually received it.

Good luck...I really hope you the best.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Thanks so much for your advise.. I will let you know how it goes in a few days.. I did finally talk to someone today through the 800 number and she told me that they can gove me copies of my records and gave me a name of a lady to get in copies of my records. So i sent her a letter today and mailed it. As far as the other i will have to work on that tomorrow. This is like pilling freaking teeth sometimes.. But it will be worth it at the end.
Karen

Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelady2852 View Post
Thanks so much for your advise.. I will let you know how it goes in a few days.. I did finally talk to someone today through the 800 number and she told me that they can gove me copies of my records and gave me a name of a lady to get in copies of my records. So i sent her a letter today and mailed it. As far as the other i will have to work on that tomorrow. This is like pilling freaking teeth sometimes.. But it will be worth it at the end.
Karen

Good luck....And yes, it is worth it in the end.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
(female)

daph10 HB User

I did not have to get xrays or MRI since they were done recently from my osteo dr.
He just did some exercises with me and watched everything I did. I could not do most of them though.
Then I wrote a note to ssdi guy doing my claim and I figured what did I have to lose. And a week later I got a letter. I cried and shook after 3 yrs of an appeal and then a new application. There is a GOD and I have my faith back. Good luck to you I will say a prayer

Closed Thread