It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

sbella68 HB User
Doctor won't fill out Questionaire from my Lawyer...

Primary DR. won't fill out Mental/physical questionerre from my Lawyer, he stated I needed to contact their Disabilty office, so I did and the office stated they stopped doing those type of forms, she also sent a page to my Lawyer for my case explaining the reason why they stopped.
I seen my Primary DR. yesterday and I was telling him my symptoms and the pain I was in, showed him my symptom list too, he said I need to see a rheumy, I will be seeing a new rheumy because last one was terrible.

Primary couldn't give me any pain med, till I seen the rheumy on 8/4/08.
MY hubby said what kind of DR. is he then...I felt like I wasted time there.
The rhuemy is about 45min away and I get very nervous while on the freeway, I asked him if he could give me something to calm down on way down there, he said why don't u sleep on the way there.

I hope this Dr. is putting everything I tell him on my charts.
I will see if Rheumy can write ltr re: my Disability.

Thanks for listening

Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
(female)

janielou75 HB Userjanielou75 HB User
Re: DR. won't fill out Questionerre from my Lawyer...

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your Dr. like that.
Mine wouldn't sign the papers either so I got to work and made sure all of my records had everything that was wrong with me on them.
He said he doesn't do ss paperwork because it takes him time and he makes no money so he won't do it for anyone.
I had all of my mri's and x-rays and records for proof though and ended up not needing him to sign anything.
If you make sure your records are all right and turn in your Dr. visits to your lawyer, they are suppose to send for the copies to add to your file for the ss office.
You might have to end up doing alot of leg work on your own, but it will really help you in the long run.
My lawyer actually complimented me on how much work I did for my case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
(female)

sbella68 HB User
Re: DR. won't fill out Questionerre from my Lawyer...

Thanks for responding!! So are you still waiting for approval for SSD?. I hope this rhuemy listens to me. I have been letting atty. know of these new apt's coming up.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
(female)

Re: Doctor won't fill out Questionaire from my Lawyer...

I filed for my ssd in June 2006.
I didn' quite qualify so it changed to ssi.
I was approved on June 17th 2008 but have yet to see any back pay or benefits.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #5
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielou75 View Post
I filed for my ssd in June 2006.
I didn' quite qualify so it changed to ssi.
I was approved on June 17th 2008 but have yet to see any back pay or benefits.

I have noticed that when the very mention of SSDI comes up with my doctors, they cringe....I put one on the spot, as I have seen him for years, and have a decent relationship....he said so many people "BS" him, that he has simply stopped any assistance.....My response....That way of thinking is a large reason SSDI is messed up now....He agreed, but none the less, held to his position.

Needless to say, I have done ALL MY own leg work...

janielou75 I have a similar situation....may I ask what you mean by "did not quite qualify"....I have been approved for a small amount of SSI, but have not been approved or turned down for SSDI yet....

Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
(female)

Hi wldfowlr,

I am not really quite sure myself what they meant when they called and said I had to file for ssi instead. I think it was because I had not worked consistently for five years prior to my filing even though I had worked since I was a young girl paying into the system, that doesn't count.
I guess all that money I paid in goes to someone else or whatever I am not sure.
All I know is now I only get 343.00 a month and half of that goes on my husband's ssi.
He gets ssd but not much so he still qualifies for ssi too so they take mine and split it between us since I am married.
If I was not married, I would have gotten 637.00 a month, but a married couple's limit is 975.00 all together for ssd and ssi together
I am not sure why married people have to get it that way but I do know that alot of people I know are getting divorced to beat the system but in my eyes that is not honest and I don't want to lie because I am a religious person and my parents taught me not to lie anyway

I hope I helped and didn't confuse you

Old 07-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Yes you did...thank you....I agree with being honest...I truly feel the system is the way it is because of dishonest people....

I see the exact same thing from alot of peoples doc's on the pain board....I am lucky I guess....I really like my doctors, and I think they believe in me....but as far as any help with SSA, not a shot.

My situation is sorta the same I guess....I have worked for 20 years, until exactly 2 years ago this month....I filed for SSDI/SSI back in March '08....I got a call that said they were starting me on SSI/medicaid until they decided my SSDI....I have not revieved anything yet, but I am just really confused by this, because nobody has heard of it....The amount is only a couple hundred dollars....I really don't meet the assets requirement either....

I have even chatted with few attorneys online, and they have even said it is strange....

Anyway, thanks for responding back, and did not mean to Hijack a thread...I really did have a comment on the doctor situation...I even offered to pay mine another appointment amount, and he did not want to do it....I don't have an attorney, I just wanted one done.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbella68 View Post
Primary DR. won't fill out Mental/physical questionerre from my Lawyer, he stated I needed to contact their Disabilty office, so I did and the office stated they stopped doing those type of forms, she also sent a page to my Lawyer for my case explaining the reason why they stopped.
I seen my Primary DR. yesterday and I was telling him my symptoms and the pain I was in, showed him my symptom list too, he said I need to see a rheumy, I will be seeing a new rheumy because last one was terrible.

Primary couldn't give me any pain med, till I seen the rheumy on 8/4/08.
MY hubby said what kind of DR. is he then...I felt like I wasted time there.
The rhuemy is about 45min away and I get very nervous while on the freeway, I asked him if he could give me something to calm down on way down there, he said why don't u sleep on the way there.

I hope this Dr. is putting everything I tell him on my charts.
I will see if Rheumy can write ltr re: my Disability.

Thanks for listening

That is horrible. Social Security should force them to fill out the paperwork. If they don't get the paperwork then you are screwed. It's not fair. They should fine the Dr. or something and then they would do it. I know for my appeal I got a letter from SS saying that two doctors did not respond to their paperwork. They suggested I contact them because if they didn't get the info my case would be decided without them. Not fair at all. By the way, I chased the doctors down and they did fill out the paperwork. I got denied anyway.

Last edited by hessie28; 07-27-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessie28 View Post
That is horrible. Social Security should force them to fill out the paperwork. If they don't get the paperwork then you are screwed. It's not fair. They should fine the Dr. or something and then they would do it. I know for my appeal I got a letter from SS saying that two doctors did not respond to their paperwork. They suggested I contact them because if they didn't get the info my case would be decided without them. Not fair at all. By the way, I chased the doctors down and they did fill out the paperwork. I got denied anyway.

I think you hit the nail on the head....you are going to get turned downed either way....If you do not fully meet a "listing", how much wieght do they really place on an RFC from your doctor?...How can 10 minutes worth of testing truly tell how incapacitated someone is, when given by some one who barely knows your name?....and if common sense were used, who is the best, most informed person to actually fill out an RFC?....in my opinion, it would be the spouse, or closest relative/friend...someone who actually sees you in your personal environement, on a daily basis....

I stated this exact thing to my examiner, and she sent my wife a "third party functional capicity report".....that was one month ago....I have since been started on SSI.....Did it help?.....I really believe it did.

Every website you go too says you must have a an RFC to win....I agree, at the appeals stage....but I am not sure how much wieght they have at the intial application stage.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

I filled out everything. I sent copies of everything. My primary even wrote a letter and filled out the forms. They didn't even look at what she sent. All they looked at were reports from hospitals where I had surgery and the surgeon. Neither has an updated status. Once the surgery is done you don't go back to them. My husband filled out the 3rd party form. I filled out the function report twice myself. It took them a year for my second denial. Now I have to go before the Judge. They are backed up a year. The lawyer says I will definately get it. It's a disgrace they make us jump through hoops. It is all a farce. I know they get a lot of fraud but when they see all the documentation, test results etc. why not just give it to us. The atty. says I am too young. They don't like to give it to 43 yr olds. It all stinks. I paid into it for 22 years and nothing.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 AM   #11
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessie28 View Post
I filled out everything. I sent copies of everything. My primary even wrote a letter and filled out the forms. They didn't even look at what she sent. All they looked at were reports from hospitals where I had surgery and the surgeon. Neither has an updated status. Once the surgery is done you don't go back to them. My husband filled out the 3rd party form. I filled out the function report twice myself. It took them a year for my second denial. Now I have to go before the Judge. They are backed up a year. The lawyer says I will definately get it. It's a disgrace they make us jump through hoops. It is all a farce. I know they get a lot of fraud but when they see all the documentation, test results etc. why not just give it to us. The atty. says I am too young. They don't like to give it to 43 yr olds. It all stinks. I paid into it for 22 years and nothing.

I am in the same boat...41....what really floored me was what I read in my actual doctor records...I took it upon myself to go get everything and send to DDS....every single doctor except one had not completely or adequately described my conditions in the notes sections of my records....

If you did not know me, and were trying to judge me by just reading those notes, you would come to the conclusion that I had just "stubbed" my toe!!!!....The doctors only generalize your info in the notes....

I have read some real horror stories about this "system"....I am still in the intial approval/denial phase....I hope I am not still here "venting" 3 years from now....

Good luck to everyone who reads this....we all need it apparently....:-)

Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #12
(female)

sbella68 HB User

To wldfwlr, its ok, don't feel you high jacked the tread, I'm glad were able to talk about this. I feel the same way you do. I have new ins.though HB wrk and its very hard to get these DR's to listen to me. When I showed him my symptoms list, he took a quick look and said 'looks like you have Depression', I thought how can my arm not being able to move for a week, be Depression. I've been DX w/Lupus since 2003, now have other more seroius symptoms and he wants to call it Depression. I don't know, but this upset me, This ins. I have is an HMO, I'm not happy w/it.
I will keep you all informed on how next appts go next week. I've had a cold last couple of days and been in bed all week-end and only able to go to market on Saturday, it was exhausting.
Have a blessed day

Old 07-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #13
(male)

wldfowlr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbella68 View Post
To wldfwlr, its ok, don't feel you high jacked the tread, I'm glad were able to talk about this. I feel the same way you do. I have new ins.though HB wrk and its very hard to get these DR's to listen to me. When I showed him my symptoms list, he took a quick look and said 'looks like you have Depression', I thought how can my arm not being able to move for a week, be Depression. I've been DX w/Lupus since 2003, now have other more seroius symptoms and he wants to call it Depression. I don't know, but this upset me, This ins. I have is an HMO, I'm not happy w/it.
I will keep you all informed on how next appts go next week. I've had a cold last couple of days and been in bed all week-end and only able to go to market on Saturday, it was exhausting.
Have a blessed day

That really gets me aswell......I had a similar situation....On top of all my problems, I get the shingles back in November.....I layed around in some of the worst pain I have ever been in until JANUARY....I finally break down and go to my doctor and ask for some pain medicine....he looks at me and says "...We need to get your seratonin levels up...."....and writes me a script for LEXAPRO....I went to my GI doctor of all people BEGGING for help, and he helped me...he also referred me to another good doctor....I have since quit all but the GI doctor, and entered pain management....The best thing I have ever done as far as my pain goes....

That is relevant here because I made sure SSA knew that he "blew" me off.....because his notes were RIDICULOUS....I have since faxed copies of everything I get directly to my examiner, and I have a letter attached with MY version of the appointment.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
(female)

bridgett19 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldfowlr View Post
I am in the same boat...41....what really floored me was what I read in my actual doctor records...I took it upon myself to go get everything and send to DDS....every single doctor except one had not completely or adequately described my conditions in the notes sections of my records....

If you did not know me, and were trying to judge me by just reading those notes, you would come to the conclusion that I had just "stubbed" my toe!!!!....The doctors only generalize your info in the notes....

I have read some real horror stories about this "system"....I am still in the intial approval/denial phase....I hope I am not still here "venting" 3 years from now....

Good luck to everyone who reads this....we all need it apparently....:-)
I am new to this website and noticed your message you sent out in April, 2008.I am just curious now that it is two years later did you get your SSDI? I certainly hope so.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #15
(female)

sbella68 HB User

Hi Bridgett19, I finally was approved "Fully Disabled" on 5/13/10. The same judge from first hearing in 2008,after it had been remanded back to him from the Federal Level, after they found his denial reasons not fully supported by all the evidence submitted of my illness, judge approved me OTR decsion, I was expecting a second hearing this year 2010.

I had to change insurance in 2008, go back to my old Drs, they were in my network, thankgoodness, found a new Rhuemy, he seen my old records too, he believed me and said he would write a letter for Judge re: my illness, an RFC form was done too, I never could get one from other DR's. I havn't looked at my records but I believe having letter really helped me.

Now I'm waitng for my backpay and monthly benefits havn't started yet.

thanks

Closed Thread