It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

smiley85243 HB User
Smile Approved!!!!

I can't believe it I received my first check for back pay today. I was shocked only because I only applied for it just over 3 months ago. It was nice to get the check what a blessing this was..

Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
(female)

sbella68 HB User
Re: Approved!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! If you don't mind, what was illness you were approved for?.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
(female)

smiley85243 HB User
Smile Re: Approved!!!!

Thank you Bella. My diagnosis is severe asthma. I have been hospitalized 7 times in the last year for my asthma as well as more times I can count in the Er. That is actually where I spent the day today and luckily by the skin of my teeth was not admitted. I am very limited on what I can do because exertion and my allergies all exacerbate my asthma and I end up in the hospital. My lung function has been really low so the doctors are trying to raise it by eliminating the inflammation in my lungs with steroids which works but also makes me gain weight and I have to be careful because it lowers my immune system. Well anyway I guess because of my medical records and the amount of hospitalizations I have had they approved me. I was shocked when I got the first check because I didn't receive a letter beforehand and the amount was surprising as it was for 6 months of back pay.

What is your diagnosis? What is your status right now? I wish you and all of those trying to get their disabliity all the luck in the world and please know you are all in my thoughts and in my prayers =)

Old 07-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

Old 07-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User

Congrats! It's a blessing that you didn't have to go through the hassle.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
(female)

smiley85243 HB User

Thank you Gayle and Cinema for the kind words. How is yours going? I hope that you will receive an award soon if you haven't yet

Closed Thread