It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

maebelle HB User
disgusted

I Am on my 2nd application for benefits.
Applied for SSDI 04'.Denied all the way through each appeal process.. and Am now waiting on a Federal Court date.What a nightmare!
My attorney was not very helpful and in my eyes failed me at my ALJ hearing.She was ill prepared!

I placed a 2nd application for benefits in Dec 07'.Because my SSDI benefits had expired 12-06 I was forced to apply for SSI!I am now in the reconsideration phase of this application.I am just so fed up.
It was suspected M.S for 3yrs...yet has never been totally ruled out.I get Mri brain scans every 6 months for lesions.
I have one consistant with M.S. 9mm.
Also have fibromyalgia,Anklosing spondylitis,sleep apnea,
arthritis of my knees and spine etc...several herniated disks and narrowing with compression etc...
That is why I am so shocked I have been denied .
All these impair my daily ability to function or perform normal activity.
Any suggestions?
MB

Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: disgusted

Oh Maebelle, sorry to hear all of this. Have you fired your attorney and gotten a new one? I may have to myself soon as mine does not seem to on top of things with my case. I pray things will improve for you!
Mim Gregg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hessie28 HB Userhessie28 HB User

Maebelle, I'm convinced they just don't care. I got denied twice and are waiting for a court date. My atty. says probably next summer.

I have Narcolepsy, 3 herniated discs in my neck, 1 herniated disc in the Thoracic area, 2 level spinal fusion for which I now have Chronic Pain, tendonitis in both elbows. A tear in one elbow with pending surgery. I'm on the Fentanyl patch, oxycodone and two types of Dextroamphetamines.

With all that still denied. They said they believe I am in pain but I can stand and sit long enough to work. I had two doctors say I am permently disabled. I was given a handicapped placard so the state agrees I am disabled. I got an early retirement because the State believed I was disabled. I worked for the State. Still the Feds say I can work. Just the meds alone make me loopy.

So I am convinced they just don't care. My atty. said they have a list of disabilities. If your one doesn't fit into their list then too bad.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
(female)

daph10 HB User

I am so srorry to hear all that you are going thru. I applied in July 05 and got turned down even after my hearing. So I appealed the judge's decision in nov 07. They tell me it could take years to hear. So I filed another claim. i filed in january of 2008. I am turning 50 in 8 months and have RA in hands legs and am blind in my right eye. I also wrote a note to my examiner after going to 2 of their dr's. I figured what do I have to lose. And July 28th I got to my surprise an Award letter. I cried and shook and just couldn't believe it. I work part time when I can and told him How much I have tried to work full time but can't. I have a great boss and job who lets me work when I can. The process is a long horrifying, traumatic affair. One I wish we did not have to battle on top of our illness. I will pray for you in your endeavor and try to have faith, I know it is so hard.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Well i got the news today that i was denied for both SSI and SSDI.I called them on the phone and they told me i was denied and i asked him why was i denied and he said they will send me a letter in the mail stating why.They are going to send me a reconcideration form in the mail as well.
I need to find a lawyer as soon as possible.
My back hurts so bad and i need surgery to have a Arachoid Cyst removed.I don't have health insurance. Is there anything else i can do ?
Karen

Old 08-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
(female)

daph10 HB User

Can you get on Medicaid?

Old 08-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
(female)

maebelle HB User

Thank you everybody for your support.It is nice to know I am not alone.This has been such a long hard road.
Today I called the 1-800 # to check the status of my reconsideration.She told me a decision had been rendered in my case 8-12.That was yesterday.
Even though she had the decision right there on the SSA computer... she could not tell me.She said they weren't allowed because of all the details in each decision letter.I will have to wait 7 to 14 days to find out by mail!

I tried my best to get her to say something either way.
Like...Will I be "sad" or "happy"? and so on...
She didn't go for it...GRRRRRRRRRRR
She did say that I should at least be "happy" a decision has been made either way.
Well...I could read alot into that.Either ..You finally won...OR...Give it up Sucker!
Once again the mailbox holds my future.MB

Old 08-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

I tried to get Medicaid but they said i was not diabled or blind or over 65. What is someone suppose to do when they are in pain every single day and need surgery

deleted

it. This really get me down in the dumps. I am doing all i know to do. Been in this terrible pain for 3 years now. I just don't know what more i can do. I am contacting a lawyer soon.
Karen

Last edited by Administrator; 08-14-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
(female)

maebelle HB User
Angry Not "disabled" by law????

2nd application reconsideration denied...
Found not disabled within the meaning of the law.
My combination of conditions might limit me from some types of work...yet I can do less demanding work!

My conditions are still under "treatment" but have not gotten worse.And.........
WORK can be substantial even if part time under their rules.

I am 47.I live in GA.I believe that has alot to do with the decisions made in my case.I am not able to work.What Am I to do??
Perhaps the SSA is hiring?
That is a job that seems Less demanding...Toss a coin and see who is approved!Sad me....

Closed Thread