It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

badbackpain HB User
Cool I won my hearing but now need help on Medicare questions and other benefits

I had my hearing yesterday and won but I have some questions for you "seasoned veterans". I am 36 years old and I have never really had to look into Medicare policies but I am noticing that they don't pay for prescriptions. Once I come off state medicaid I will not have rx coverage and my scripts monthly are more than my disability check. How do you get rx coverage? secondly will I know be able to have someone come in part time and have them help clean the house and with meals etc? I can't drive anymore I was found disabled because of some serious spine conditions and wouldlike to know because I don't want to continue to rely on friends to help anymore. They were helping out until I was given disability. I do however need someone to come in and help with dressing and transportation if I needed to go somewhere but I can't do the house work anymore and haven't for years. Any help you have would be great I can use all the help I can get with this stuff my husband and I have been pulling our hair out for 5 years to get the disability and now the judge awarded it but now we have ton's more questions. I need any and all advice anyone can give us. We would appreciate anything. Is there somewhere for help with rental or disability housing?

Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: I won my hearing but now need help on Medicare questions and other benefits

Go to social security. There are lots of programs available and they can help you. I have a friend who was declared disabled and it is amazing the stuff that opened up for her. She has a counselor that comes in weekly, she has someone who comes in and clean, go grocery shopping for her, she has medical transportation, her children have a counselors all paid by the state. However, she is alone as her hubby left her when her world came crashing down from a spinal injury. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread