It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
(female)

dphelps HB User
File finished at payment center!!

Hope someone has an answer for me. I called the 800# today about my disabillity claim. She said it had been put on high priority on Aug. 13th. Been at payment center since May 13th. As of yesterday Aug. 20th. the file is finished, but still not put into payment status yet. What does that mean? Will it take another month to get any money or an award letter? She said if I don't here anything by next Weds. which is 14 days from Aug. 13 for me to go to my local office and ask them what is the hold up. How long do you think it might be before I get something, letter or money? I do have direct deposit. Thank you all for any responses. Don't know what I would do without you all to turn to... Thanks again, Donna

Old 08-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

dphelps HB User
Re: File finished at payment center!!

So, no one has experienced the payment center process? I am at my witts end.. Any clues on how much longer before I might here something? Thanks, Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

justmefl HB User

I WISH I could give you info that would help. I am also dealing with the payment center and it is a nightmare.
I have now past my 60 day mark AND I have had both the local office and 2 800 reps ask that my case be expedited due to dire need.
I have called the payment center directly and have been told 3 times they were gone to process RIGHT NOW.
Each time they said this I have called the 800 number the next day and have been told "no your still in the processing stage".
It is just SO frustrating that I am just a hart beat away from contacting my local government office (I was told by the 800 number today that I should).

I am so sorry there is no one with more info for you. I know how hard it is to not get any answers even from here.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
(female)

Kee800 HB User

Hi, I understand the frustration..I applied for SSDI October 2007 thru my local office, after not hearing ANYthing and after several trips to the local office and calls to the 800# I decieded to file my claim again on-line. Good thing I did, found out claim had never send anywhere from local office. Although I NEVER got a formal determination letter the DDS worker says my claim has been approved since july 3, 2008 and has been sent to the processing center. 800# says it's still in review. Each time I call I get a different call back date. they say if I haven't recieved a letter by a certain date then I should call back. Several dates have come and gone first one being june....Kee800...

Old 08-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
(female)

dphelps HB User

Thanks so much for your replies. I guess it helps just to talk to someone about it. I had a hearing in Jan. ,approved in May and my claim has been at the processing center since May 13th. Well over 100 days.... They said they called to expedite mine also on July 27th. and then I was told they started workig on it on Aug. 4th. I guess it was just sitting there all that time. Anyway they told me on Thursday at the 800# that my file was finished on Aug. 20th. but it didn't show payment action yet. Just wondered how much longer for that. If it is finshed you would think they would send money or the award letter or something...Oh well, nothing to do but wait a little longer I guess. Thanks for listening, Donna

Old 08-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
(female)

justmefl HB User

Do not be so sure you are getting correct info from 800#. I called them friday after 4:00 and was told that NO payment had been released yet.
I woke up this morning, saterday - and it had been direct deposited to my account.
I am not sure the 800# has as much info as we would like them to have.

Last edited by justmefl; 08-23-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

So, I guess it takes as long to get your money as it does to get approved ?

Old 05-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Nope. Once you have been approved , you should get your backpay first, within a couple of weeks . Then a letter about when you should expect your first check each month, or when it is going to be deposited. It is suppose to go quickly once your approved. Most people do not have any trouble after an approval .

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (05-22-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 04:34 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Capatga, I think your reading older posts above the name it will tell the date so times has changed things I think in this case at least it was for me and Mscat, and others they got thier payback quick.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

Yes you are correct , they were older posts, I feel encouraged,Thanks

Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by capatga View Post
So, I guess it takes as long to get your money as it does to get approved ?
Some ppl like get it right away and for others, it takes months to get the green flowing it seems. Cross your fingers and pray. You have now entered the SSA lottery. The odds are anybody's guess. LMAO!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (05-22-2011)
Old 05-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
(female)

FUNNY ! I needed a laugh

Closed Thread