It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

speedy43 HB User
Losing My Job!!!

Well to make this short I had to take 7 days off work with a dr's note . My employer is upset that it took a week for me to fax the letter. I did tell my immediate superviser I would be back to work on the date my dr put, When I showed up I was sent home and told to call the manger on Monday.

I called and he said no one told him that I called and said I had a note, so thought I abandoned my position, Yes I took long to fax it I was in such a low state that I didnt care, So he said he will call back with another boss and have a 3 way conversation, I waited all day no call, now remember Im not getting paid for any of this,

On Tuesday I called him and said whats going on??? He said he was home and to call the other manager, I called no answer left a message. No call back,

Wednesday I get a call and was told to come in for a meeting at 11:00 I asked if I was going to be fired he said no we just need to discuss my attendance issues and to wear my work uniform.

I show up and Im brought in the office with a witness and he is reading me a letter they had wrote to HR because they didnt know what to do. It was a detail day to day letter saying how they left messages and couldnt reach me,

I never got these messages there was about 3 lies. He then tells me Im suspended till the next day and we have to meet with Corp HR, And sent me home,,, I live 60 miles each way from my job.

Well I had a appt with my GP and told him of my situation and that I was just diagnosed in july. I started lamicital 7 days ago. He said if they fire me when I had dr notes I can sue. He then gives me 7 more days off!!! Again im getting no pay.. I call my boss and told him im on my way for the meeting and I have a letter for HR from my Dr, he said call him when I get there,
Well I get there and give the letter to HR had them call him and without him knowing about my letter he told them to send me home!!!!!

Now Im so frustrated I have no check coming and scared about money and med Ins.. Im recently seperated from my husband of 22yrs and I know they are trying to fire me without having to pay unemployment... I have 200. and thats it what the heck am I to do??? I read all these messages about disability and im scared do I have any rights???

Thank you for any help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
(female)

BonBon7 HB User
Re: Losing My Job!!!

You need to get a lawyer!!!
Go online and do some research on state guidlines per what your employer can and can't do! Call your phone company, whether it be your cell or land line, check your caller id...whatever you have to do to show discrimination!
If you don't mind me asking...what were you out for?
Please let me know how everything is going!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
(female)

speedy43 HB User

Im now on temp disablity per my dr. I talked to my boss an told him im on medication maintenance and he said ok and let him know whats going on. In order to get temp disability I have to go to intensive out patient therapy 3 days a week. I have been diagnosed with Bi Polor disorder. I have been faxing weekly time off orders to my HR dept.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I am sorry you are loosing your job and you know it was all in your power to keep it if you had faxed in your doctors note...and now they are playing dirty pool with you. At this point I am sure they are trying to get rid of you and your only recourse if you wish to keep this job is to get yourself a lawyer.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

If I am not mistaken, it is a Federal law that you cannot be fired while under a doctor's care. I know you are under a lot of stress but make sure you stand up for yourself. Stay on the disability as long as you need to.

Make sure you keep notes of every conversation you have with anyone at work including names, dates and anything that was said.

Take care, Jenn

Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
(female)

speedy43 HB User

Thank you for all your responses, I have 1 week left on this therapy and then I should be released I will have to see how things go when I go to HR...

THANKS EVERYONE ILL KEEP YOU POSTED

Closed Thread