It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
(female)

mar 777 HB User
Question Once you are approved

Does anyone know what happens after you get approved for ssdi, do you have to continue to send in medical reports from time to time? Do they continue to require updates if they approve you? Thanks

Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
Re: Once you are approved

You thread has been relocated to a new thread of its own so that your post may receive the attention it deserves. In the future, please do not post your questions/problems on anothers thread. It takes away from the orginators thread and your post can unintentionally hijack their thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Mod 08

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

mar 777 HB User

Thank-you for starting it as a new post.....sorry I wasn't able to find the new thread link at first.

Last edited by mar 777; 08-28-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
(female)

lindasj HB User

I was approved last year and started receiving checks. When I was approved I got letter from them saying they would review my case 04282008, here it is 08282008, have not heard from them. That information is at the end of your approval letter as to when they will review you.
I called them and asked them why so soon and I was told they just look at your case , they might contact you they might not. It depends how backlogged they are in the state you live in. Even though SSA is Federal. They farm it out to the state for determination. My state Ohio has had major cutbacks in it's employees and programs. Usually I was told they send you out a questionnaire when it is your time for redetermination. Usually based on that they determine whether or not to pursue it. You know no state or federal employee is going to make excess work for themselves.LOL. I retired on disability as a Federal employee.
Linda

Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
(female)

mar 777 HB User

Lindsj, thank-you so much for the information...I haven't been approved yet as I am still at the waiting stage but was just wondering if they require updates like they have now...It's alot of info. that has to be sent to them before your approved....again thank-you so much for the response. take care

Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Mar, the answer to your question about having to send updated reports once you approved, is no. The only time after you have been approved that you have to send in any updated info, is if they give you a review. Most reviews are anywhere between 3-10 yrs. When they decide to review you case they will send you a bunch of paperwork to fill out. Until they request a review, you wouldn't have to send any updates unless you have a change of address or name change.

Closed Thread