It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

grannygonecrazy HB User
No Backpay Yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is going on 5mths.and still no lump sum backpay!!!!!These people Do Not know what they are doing!!!!I'm with the rest of you frustrated and fed up,you always get totally different answers to each one you talk to,my attorney is still dragging her feet on the approval fee.She is obsviouly holding out fo more money!!!!My gosh its a nightmare,does anyone know that if you get backpay from ssi and ssdi????I can't seem to find the answer.I have gotten a small backpay from my ssi,but not anthing from ssdi.Do they offset it or what???Any answers would be appreciated.So glad some of you have gotten your backpay!!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:47 AM   #2
(female)

rickswife07 HB User
Re: No Backpay Yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granny,
They deduct what you got in SSI from your SSDI lump sum. The attorney takes out thier fee,which is whatever they can possibly "steal" from you. It takes forever for them to do anything!!! We got our award letter from SSDI and it said 34k, then we got this payment of 5k from SSI,then when we finally got our lump sum from SSDI it was only 23k
When we found out what the breakdown was, we found out they took the 5k out along with the attorney's 5,300 fee (maximum he can take, for a job not done-we were approved BEFORE even having a hearing,because of audits!)
They are terrible about being speedy with anything. I wish you all of the luck, hopefully soon you will have you money---take care,Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread