It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

sbella68 HB User
Post My SSD hearing on Sept 3, please any advise so nervous...

I'm in Ca, I first applied in 7/06', I'm so nervous, I have an attorney, I will meet him for 1st time 1/2 hour b4 hearing (is this the norm?). I hope I'm able to answers all of Judges questions w/out starting to cry because sometimes I feel like that when my blood pressure is high.

On Tues I went to see GI DR, my BP was 143/83 pulse 75, after appt was over, blood pressure was tested again and it was 134/86 pulse 81, is this high?

If any of you have went thru this what can expect at the hearing?

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User
Re: My SSD hearing on Sept 3, please any advise so nervous...

I am waiting for my hearing date, so I can't help you with that part.

I met my attorney shortly after I called his office for the first time. We had a long meeting, and he took the time to get to know me and let me know what to expect. Since then, I have only dealt with his secretary - but she is always available, and quick to help me with any questions.

I hope my attorney and I are able to having a long meeting before my hearing. But, on the other hand, meeting 30 min. before the hearing might be good too. If my meeting is right before the hearing, I might be less likely to forget what he tells me.

Good luck with your hearing, and let us know how it goes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: My SSD hearing on Sept 3, please any advise so nervous...

Hi Sbella, the hearing is not as bad as you think it will be. The main thing is listen carefully to what the judge asks you. When answering the judge's questions, always try to give short answers to the questions. You really don't need to go in exteme detail. Also the judge and the lawyer usually does most of the talking. Just remember to take a deep breath and try not to be to nervous because it really isn't as bad as you think it will be.

Closed Thread