It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Help I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please , anyone I need real help here.
I have been sick for 3 yrs I filed a year and some months ago. I have an attorney. It was denied and we filed an appeal. Well, apparently my attornies filed tardy. I just got a letter from SSI yesterday and it said due to the fact that they filed tardy and had no convincing reason for this my whole case is denied.
My heart was in my throat. I started to cry. I called them and it ws Fri at 4:45 so so of course he had left for the day. The girl I spoke to (case worker gone too) was a real ----- and was so cold. She just said I would have to wait until Moday to talk to this guy. I was crying and begged her what step if any do I have next? She reluctantly told me that he may file some kind of request for an appeal on the hearing denial. But she was clueless and she said goodbye and hung up when I was crying.
So I called my friend who works in family law. She said at first if it was not filed in a timely matter there was probably nothing I could do to reverse this decision. But after I read it to her she is just not sure. She said of course wait until Monday and see what this jiker has to say and if it is final I can take him to the board and possibly sue for lost compensation. B/c it is his fault. Also she said if he doesn't have something very promising planned to do then I should change attorney's as he really blew my case. I have right to change attorney at any time.
But my questions to get thru this awful weekend (also my 16th anniversary) I just need to know has ANYONE had attorney's file tardy and then been denied???????? If so when I get it going again will the file date start all over? I was really praying for the back pay. As you know the economy is bad and we need the money!!!!!!! Is there any hope for my case at all?????????

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE WRITE ME BACK AND LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooooo desperate for some advise and knowledge!!!!!!!!!

Sick and let down.
Deena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

brendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB User
Re: Help I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deena,

Although I don't have first-hand experience with your situation of being denied due to filing late, I want to write to tell you that you have my deepest sympathy for what you are enduring.

I have to believe that there are people in the SSD system who realize that in your situation you were not at fault and shouldn't be punished for your attorney's inadequacies. Unfortunately, it may take extra effort on your part to work this out.

I am about to go on my company's LTD insurance due to back problems, so I am about to face a lot of the red tape the system has to offer as well. Wish me well!

I hope tomorrow (Monday) you will make great headway into finding the next steps to take. Keep fighting and stay strong!

Brenda

Old 09-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Brendaks1,
Thank you so much for your reply! I was in a ba way this weekend. I hatewhen stuff like that happens on a Friday! ANyway they caled already and said the attorney is in court until this afternoon and will look it over. That they have a lot invested inmy case as wll. Meaning they have a lot to loose as well. They assured me the certified letter that they usd should be evidence but no reason as to why they filed four months aftr the initial date. Somthing about SSI destroyed the original lettr of dismissal. But that is a crock as I have the paperwork too. If my attorney lost or couldn't get something I have copies too. And they knw that.
Someone just didn't do their job. Wouldn't it b funny if SSI was at fault and I was granted the disability!!! Yeah, I know nothing goes that easy.

I am sorry you have to go face the LTD nsurnce from your work! What is LTD? Just remember that what you are doing is real not like mre than half the people on SSI. How did you hurt your back? What is wrong with it? I wish you the best lck possible. Just keep thinking you are telling the truth and that alone should be enough to get you through.

Let me know your story. I have a bd back too. But that is not what initially got m started. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, thyroid disease and now 2 collapsed discs in lower back and 2 in cervical spine (neck) with a possible 5mm tumor in my neck. I am waiting for authorization to repeat mri with dye contrast to rule the tumor out.

Have a great week.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Deena

Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Deena,

I'm glad you were able to get some answers today - what a relief for you! I hope the road in the next few months goes more smoothly for you.

Here's a thread of mine explaining what I have been through recently: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=630412[/url]

I started having severe sciatica down my left leg this last April, and had 2 surgeries in August after exhausting all non-surgical options. I don't know for sure what caused my herniated disc, but I was doing some lifting for both work and at home prior to having the sciatic pain. I am fortunate that I only have the L4-L5 level in my back causing problems, but it only takes one level to cause problems! After surgery I still can't sit at a 90 degree angle without severe sciatic pain, so I am hoping for a lot more improvement as I heal.

LTD insurance is long-term disability insurance. I am fortunate that my employer offers this to employees, and I just got the paperwork back from my surgeon today approving my disability insurance. I just hope the process goes smoothly.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

I am so happy the insurance surgeon approved the LTD already. Maybe the process will go smoothly and timely!!!!! I alos hope you feel better this week. I will look up your story now for more info.

Thanks for being there!
Deena

Old 09-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User

Brenda, Ok I read your awful experience after the surgery! WOW! You are a fighter. I am sorry all of that happened. And to think you are still trying to get LTD. It should be so much easier for people who are really sick.
It kind of sounds like my dunb luck. A rare occueence!!! Maybe things will start to brighten up now!!!! You deserve it.

Deena

Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Deena,

It sure seems like some of us are blessed with an extra dose of dumb luck, doesn't it? I'm just waiting for something to go wrong in my application for LTD insurance since nothing ever seems to go easy for me! I'll be sure to ask for your help when that happens.

Brenda

Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
(male)

FEELBAD62 HB User

Yes, it is true. You can be denied for being late in your filing.

Closed Thread