It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

BonBon7 HB User
Exclamation Workman's Comp question?

Hi All! I've posted a few times here regarding this issue but I have been reading trough the posts daily and just thought of a question that I wanted to see if anyone had the answer to...
So far wc has been pretty ok...I will be recieving my next check(2nd so far)tomorrow and I haven't had any probs with treatments...had first ESI yeasterday...horrible...and wc has assigned a nurse to my case who says she is there to make sure I'm getting the right medical treatment. She has said she would like to go with me to my next ortho appointment with me...is this normal? Do I have to let her go with me? I just have this gut feeling that it will screw me.
Should I let her come with me?
Thanks for any help given!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Workman's Comp question?

Definately go with your Gut feeling on this.
Hopefully you have an attorney helping you get through this.
Sounds like you may have medical issues for years ahead , my opinion is get a attorney whom specializes in work comp ASAP.

BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
(female)

BonBon7 HB User
Re: Workman's Comp question?

I actually just got a laywer...a friend of my bf's father so I trust that he will do a great job!
I haven't told her when I'm going to my next Dr appointment bc i havent made one yet bc i might still need another ESI. But I dont have to let her come...I can refuse right? I just have been reading these posts and although i would like to believe the best i know its all about the money and have read what others have been through! im 23 and will have probs for the rest of my life now! i just dont get this system...isnt wc for the WORKER?!?!

Last edited by Mod08; 10-26-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
(female)

My Gully HB User
Thumbs down Re: Workman's Comp question?

be extrememly careful, your whole case can be 'screwed' as you said if you do not handle it correctly. You need to ask your lawyer if you have to have this person with you. I guess you may have found out this by now. I would love to know what has happened. You need to be 'compliant' but do not be stupid. after 15 years of workers comp I have had several stupid dr's that have given their incorrect opinions and stopped my pay etc.- I had to wait months for this to be corrected. You need to be truthful and express every bit of your pain and incapacitation at your interveiws. Do not ever expect them to be your friend or 'understand' what you are going through- that does not happen. They are your enemy, they are only interested in getting you off their work load. If possible record your interveiws and bring your own witness in case they misconstrue your answers.

Closed Thread