It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User
Question Questions from my attorney

Hello, As some of you might know that i was denied first time so i hired a lawyer to get my appeal going. It is in appeals now.
I am getting very restless just waiting on all this.
I went to my doctor today and gave him this letter of questions from my attorney. I seen him and we talked about my condition ( Arachnoid Cyst ) on my spine that needs to be removed very soon, because it is getting worst. I told the doctor that i cannt stand or walk no more than 5-10 at a time because of the numbess in my legs. They get totally numb. I told him i was getting very worried.So he asked me how old i was and i told him and he took the letter fom my attorney and put it with my file and gave it to me as i was talking out of the room and said to give it to the lady at the desk and tell her to put my file on his desk ASAP. He said he would fill it out and fax to the lawyer sometime next week.
Just maybe it will not be long before i start hearing something from SSDI.
What do you guys think about all this ?
Very painfull in South Carolina.
Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
(female)

ladydreamer HB User
Re: Questiones from my attorney

hi little lady;I would like to wish you lots of luck.It took me three years to get approved for my ssd and ssi.It is a long hard wait.I am now waiting on my checks.it has been 5 weeks since i was approved by the judge.The ssi called me monday to verify my adress.I wait 3 years and still am waiting.Its a long road,but hang tough.Just fight,fight,fight.Best of luck.

Last edited by HBMod07; 10-03-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: removed unecessary quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User

Sorry you're in such pain. Hopefully your doc will fill out the form and get it to your atty asap, who will in turn send it off to Social Security. After I was denied and retained the services of a lawyer who appealed for me, I received a form from SS called a Function Report. Have you received that yet? It helps the Disability Determination Services determine how your medical condition affects your ability to function day-to-day.

I didn't receive that until about 3 months after I had appealed the denial. It was 8 pages long. SS wanted that in addition to all of my medical records and I imagine they contacted my neurologist. (my lawyer never gave me a questionaire for my doctor so I assume SS contacted my doctor.)

As ladydreamer stated, it's a long process, but hang in there...hopefully you'll win this fight! Don't give up!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Dogmom.. Hello and thanks for the reply. I believe i already got the Function Report way back when i first applied for SSDI. I remember that because there was so many pages and it took me a while to fill them out. Thats been about 5 months ago.
Are you in the appeals process now ? Can you tell me what you are going through ? I just need someone to talk to because this really gets me depressed and the pain does not help any.
My doctor does know what i am going throgh, so i know he will do good by me and fill the papers out for me.He knows i need surgery and have no health insurance.

Thanks so much ~~~~
Karen

Old 10-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
(female)

When I first filed, I had to fill out a ton of paperwork--but that's just your Work History. Once you get denied and you're assigned a new case worker, he/she sends you the Function Report. At least that's how it worked for me. I didn't fill it out, I actually "completed" the report over the phone w/my lawyer! He did it for me electronically! (I really like my lawyer.) Now it's the waiting game. This was in June and still no word.

Be sure to let your lawyer know if there are any changes in your condition--like if it worsens (God forbid.)
It's so hard knowing such an important aspect of your life is in someone else's hands. It's not as if we don't need the money, right? Hang tough!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

When i went to the doctor this past thursday i told him i was getting worst. The pain is unbelievable. But i seem to deal with it.I also called my attorney and told him my condition is getting worst. Its a shame when someone needs to have 3 surgeries and cant get it. Need surgery on my back and carpel tunnel surgery on both wrists.
I am hanging tough here even though its rogh right now but i know your day is coming and mine is too.
Talk to you soon. Keep me updated and i will keep in touch with you.
Karen

Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
(female)

happygirl440 HB User

Karen keep on your Dr to make sure that form gets filled out.
Some Dr's take forever to fill them out.
I know in SC it take 20-24 months to get a hearing.
Are you in the reconnerdation phase?
I am in the hearing stage. I just got an attorney.
Waiting for a SS approval is very hard. Try to stay positive and do what the Dr's tell you to do is very important.
Take Care, Cindy

Old 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl440 View Post
Karen keep on your Dr to make sure that form gets filled out.
Some Dr's take forever to fill them out.
I know in SC it take 20-24 months to get a hearing.
Yeah, my atty said that it would most likely take about 17 months to get a hearing if I'm denied again! bleck.

What kills me is that, according to my first denial letter that SS sent me, they outlined just who they contacted for my medical information and they didn't even contact the neurologist I saw for the first year after my diagnosis! I told my lawyer, this time, make sure they at least send a questionaire to my new Epileptologist! Sheesh!

Very frustrating...but all we can do is hurry up and wait, right?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
(female)

happygirl440 HB User
Re: Questions from my attorney

I had the same problem with a few of my doctors.
So now when I see my Dr I get a report and take it myself to the local SS office. Same with all my test results. I make sure they have all my records this way. Now with an attorney it should be easier. Plus I just ordered a copy of my report to see what all they do and do not have at SS.
Cindy

Old 10-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #10
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

I will call my doctor tomorrow and call my attorney to and see if he got the questionier faxed to him from the doctor.
Happygirl..I applied back in March of this year and was denied in August 8th. Then i got a attorney and he sent in the appeals form in August. The SS people are waiting on some medicial forms from my doctors.
So thats why i am doing some calling tomorrow.
I know about the 20-24 months to get a hearing but how far back is the 20-24 months ? Is it from when you first filed or when you were denied or when you appeal it ? Thats what i don't understand !!
I don't know if i am in the reconcideration phase of this or not.
I do get VERY frustrated with all this and dealing with my pain. Its terrible what we have to go through.
Karen

Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #11
(female)

happygirl440 HB User

Karen,
If you have only been denied once then your in the reconsideration phase.
Very few are approved at that stage.
The 20-24 month wait is from the time you file on your second denial.
It's for the ALJ hearing.
I first filed in June of '07, I was denied, I appealed and denied again and once again I appealed now I wait for the hearing with the judge. This is the long waiting part for me for the 20-24 months. Then it will take a few more months for their decision from what I hear. So all in all it will be over 3 years for me.
I filed do to....
failed back surgery
chronic back pain
17 herniated disks
radiculopathy in both legs
carpel tunnel
heart regeration
4 fractured disks
DDD
spinal stenosis
myofascial pain
lumbar spondylosis
Cindy

Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #12
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Happygirl.. You will probably get your SSDI faster than i will. You have so much more wrong with you than i do.No offense !!
I have Arachnoid Cyst on my spine and Carpal Tunnel in both wrists that need surgery.
Plus i go through depression. I am on Prozac 40 mg daily.
Plus high blood pressure and high cholesteral.
I take 7 different medication every day.
I am 45 how old are you ?
Karen

Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #13
(female)

happygirl440 HB User

Hi Karen,
I'm 44. I forgot I also have PTSD, depression and I'm a diabetic too.
They keep my bp low for my hearts sake but it was never high.
All my other blood work comes out A OK.
So many problems to remember for me.
I've been turned down twice already....so I still may not get it.
They said although I have several severe things wrong with me I can do secondary work.
No education beyond high school but I have held management positions.
I take 14 meds a day.
This whole process needs an over haul for sure.
I can hardly walk and have a hard time caring for my self or family.
My hubby and kids do help out a ton.
I do not know anything about your cyst. Sorry I can not help.
Anything you can do besides surgery? Do you qualify for free treatment from your local hospital?
Cindy

Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Hello happygirl, No there is nothing they can do except to have the surgery.
I don't qualify for any treatments at the hospital.
I go to a free clinic here in Chester SC . If it was not for that then i would be in a BIG mess.
I get all my meds free and i get to see the doctor there for free. They go by my income which is nothing.
Karen

Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
(female)

littlelady2852 HB User

Happygirl,well my doctor at the free clinic filled out my questionaire today and i faxed it to my attorney.
He said on there that i am not able to do ANY type of work.Part Time full time, no time.
I am totally disabled.
So i guess i just need to sit back and wait.
Did your doctor tell SSDI that you could not work secondary work or did the SSDI day you could not work secondary ?
My doctor said i could not work secondary and put that in my file.
Karen

Closed Thread