It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
(female)

lindasj HB User
Angry FERS Disability, insurance premiums 2009

I have Aetna HMO open access. I am single. I went on their site, my insurance is increasing about $120 .00, I pay $172.95 now. I'm gonna be losing weight fast. I called them and we talked about a PPO. It is $80.00 a month with $1250.00 set fund after I deplete. I'm resonsible for $750.00 deductible which I could be saving while I go through the $1250. 00. It wouldn't be much different than what I'm paying now. Most of my meds are on the $4.00 list, well the important ones the diabetes and heart meds. Then it goes into a HMO status with co-pays as the girl explained. It seems U would have better perks for vision and dental, I am so confused, I sat down and cried yesterday. I was told by the insurance lady to give them my son's address to OPM as my mailing address he lives 95 miles away in Columbus and my rates would be the same as they are now if I want to keep my HMO ,***. I will be able to go to the doctors in Cincinnati as long as they are in network. I called OPM and asked them if I had a Columbus address would I have any problems."I got I guess you could do that all we need is a mailing address to send your annual statement to and your yearly income survey" after a year wait on the phone. That is the only time I hear from them. I don't even have scheduled medical reviews. I was a visually impaired employee and had accommodations continusly. I guess they were glad to be rid of me.
I qualify for Medicare next year. I don't know if that starts from the determined time of disability then you have that 5 month waiting period or if it is the the month before you received your first check. Another quagmire. Is Medicare worth it and what about that doughnut hole on scrips? Their website is clear as mud.
Does anybody got a a PPO or on Medicare, or any input and advice on this subject.HELP
This is also a warning about the upcoming open season.
My case manager is trying to get me a pt-job under the SGA limits so I can have extra income and not lose my benefits, shooting for a couple hundred a week at least I can have food and gas.
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread