It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Briteyes32 HB User
Workmen's Comp

Hi everyone,

I have a workmen's comp claim from a injury (2001). Yesterday I had a appointment with a QME and was wondering if anyone else here has been through the process... I have no clue what it is What I know so far

Injury 2001 dropped a heavy roll of tape (think it was about 50 lbs) on my right shoulder and neck. Turned into a workman's comp. I went to a doctor and she said oh you have brusing. This didn't help my pain workman's comp was nice enough to let me see a Chiropractor who took X-rays and started a treatment of adjusting me, I told her the pain is still there, she asked for a MRI but workman's comp didn't want to give that to me, she fought for it and they agreed, I think that my Dr. was looking for a torn rotator cuff, came back negative. She told me workman's comp was pushing her to complete her treatment and case. She did and told them that I was at the point I wasn't going to get better.
I called workmen's comp and told them that something was not right and the pain is still there, in return the lady told me that the only thing they were willing to do for me was either send me $1,800 bucks or more Physical Therapy I told her that wasn't fair, but I took the physical Therapy. I completed that and then my worker won't return calls in the mean time I found a job I work short time there then got hired at the job I have now. I handled working with the pain, but in time not only did I have to handle that, the pain has increased double! When I finally had time to call I found out they said they settled my case (I was like what). Nobody would return calls so when I kept missing work and calling in sick all the time, someone told me that I should see a attorney ( I was like can I do that). my friend told me worth a try. I took her advise and found one, since then I found out that Kemper was no more. I'm trying to fix things myself, I have paid for MRI on my neck 2 epidurals, cortisone shots in my shoulder, nothing has worked. I'm really at my wits end. My attorney finally got me to see a QME yesterday and after lots of tests he told me I have nerve damage in my shoulder and is now requesting a new MRI on my neck and shoulder. for the first time I feel someone is listening to me and were moving forward. This injury has cost me a lot, If they would have even cared at all and taken care of this right the first time I don't think I would be in this mess. I have been off work for over a year now and on Sept 28, 2008 I lost my seniority in the job I was working. (I had at least 80 employee's under me). My Doctor who took me out of work told me that she was sorry but she had to be a doctor first and she couldn't release me. I understand that and totally respect it. I have been on SDI and this month is my last payment from them. I was told by SDI to apply for SSDI I have been denied and am in the reconsideration stage

My question is what is next? anybody know? Anyone care to share there experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread