It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MOMOFBOYZ HB User
Disability denied

Just to let you all know that just because you have an attorney doesn't mean they will meet all deadlines. I have had my case completely denied and closed b/c my attorney filed tardy. We tried an appeal but no go. So now a year and a half later we just started a new case.
I was initially very upset but now I know that there is nothing I can do about it. If you get denied and you for your attorney files an appeal pls call them everyday to check up. I also rcvd the paperwork from the state to appeal it myself but called my attorney and they said they would do it. And they waited an extra four months. The worst part is I called my case worker weekly to see if they knew anything.
Unfortuately I am staying with these -------- b/c they have all of the info and I have tons of stuff and am too sick and lazy to start the initial leg work all over again. Only this time I will file any appeal or paperwork that they send my attorney and send me a duplicate. No one can be trusted. They never even said they were sorry or took the blame. At first they blamed it on the

hearing office but finally call it an administrative mistake.

Just thought I would share what I have learned the hard way!
Thanks,
Deena

Old 10-18-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
(female)

chicubs HB User
Re: Disability denied

I can see why you would be so upset. I am upset for you just reading about this. How in the world could a lawyer and his office who specializes in these cases be so stupid!?!?!?! I would not being paying these guys for their service. I suppose that social security does not care who was the tardy one, only that the paper work was tardy uh? What a down right shame. My heart goes out to you.

Do you think it would be possible to get all their paper work and all their " leg work" and reapply yourself without their help. Or even perhaps a new lawyer. Can you risk them "goofing up" again if you stay with them? Perhaps another lawyer taking a look at your file/application may be something to think about it?

I did not use a lawyer's service for my application at all. I never even talked to a lawyer. I only talked with my doctor who was the one that suggested that I apply for social security disability. Fortunately I was approved without a hearing or going before a judge.

I'm sorry if I don't know your background information as to if this was your first appeal or second appeal. They can really just close your case like that?

I hope that you are able to find your way through this mess. I pray that you will be approved this time around. I know that without my doctor's backing and her medical documentation on me, I am not sure if this would have turned out the way I wanted it to. Perhaps your doctor can help you straightened out this mess?

I don't know, I guess I am just grasping at straws here for you. I wish I could have some great bit of advice that would help you. I can say that I will be here for you to vent to and to pray for you.
Take Care,
Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

brendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB User

Deena,

I am so sorry this has happened to you - you certainly didn't deserve it.

If there's one lesson I've learned in life, it that you can't always trust that others, even professionals, are doing everything right. It certainly helps to check up on important items and make sure they are being done, and to question everything. Pretty sad, huh?

I'll be praying that everything goes more smoothly with your new application.

Best regards,

Brenda

Old 10-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
(female)

sbella68 HB User

So sorry to hear, mines was denied too. Inotice your frm the High Desert area too, I'm only 30min away frm you going towards Vegas, close the the outlets by the freeway. Did you use a lawyer frm VV.?

Closed Thread