It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
(female)

Mothercat94 HB User
anyone know if you get disability for hyperkyphosis

I am 56 years old and I have hyperkyphosis and herninated disc disease. I pack and check appliance orders and left heavy boxes and other job duties.I would like to know do you think i could get social security disability. Thank you regina . I am in constant pain.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: anyone know if you get disability for hyperkyphosis

You would need to show that you can't hold ANY kind of job, not merely that you can't do your current job. If you would be able to do a sit-down job, you would not qualify. Would your pain be significantly less if you could change jobs?

You could talk to your doctor and see if it sounds like he would be supportive of you applying. Having a doctor who is supportive and will document for you is important. If he's supportive, go ahead and try if you feel that you should qualify.

I wish you the best. I have a severe scoliosis, fused from T4-sacrum with a 75 degree curve. I feel your pain!

Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
(female)

chicubs HB User
Re: anyone know if you get disability for hyperkyphosis

Have you been seeing a doctor for a while about this condition? Are you missing work right now or have missed a lot of work because of the Hyperkyphosis? I may sound stupid here but, what exactly is hyperkyphosis?

Like BlueAtlas mentioned it is very important that your doctor is on board with you as far as you not being able to do not just your job but any job.

I think that it would be nearly impossible (in my opinion) to get approved without your doctors backing and your doctor's documentation on why it would be impossible for you to work at any job.

I hope that you do have a doctor that can help you and I hope that you can get help for the pain. Living with pain, as we all know, is no fun. The daily living with pain can change who you are. I also hope that you have a good support system around you. I don't mean support system as in doctors, but with your family and friends. Living with pain is hard enough, but doing it alone is harder.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
Chris

Closed Thread