It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
(female)

maryp75 HB User
Disability benefits elapsed now what?

Ok it took my over a year and a half the first time to be approved for ssd and then when it came time to be revaluated i was going through a real messy divorce and didn't get my paperwork back in. Well that was back in the first 4 months or so of 2005 and now i have just applied again just last week. Ok this whole time i have been off ssd i haven't seen a doc for my bipolar because i was in the denial state once again thinking all the other docs were wrong and that i could fight this on my own boy was i wrong. Anyways i just started seeing a doc again last week and was diagnosed once again with bipolar and started on Depakote. And i plan on continuing to see this doc from here on out not gonna try it again on my own ever again because it put me through hell and through bankruptcy . Ok a friend of mine had the same things happen to her she didn't get her paper work back in time either and was off ssd for over 3 years then reapplied and it only took 2 months to get the decision back that she was approved. But she was seeing a doc the whole 3 years that she was off of ssd. my question is has anyone else been through this? If so was it a battle like the first time? Were you seeing a doc the whole time or not? Sorry for rambling i am just in one of my highs right now and i can't stop i am like a motor that can't be shut off at the moment and wished i had someone here at my house that i could just talk talk talk to that could even come close to understanding the jibber that is coming out of my mouth. k well thank you all for your time and i am so so so so so glad that i found this place it just seems like a awesome place to meet other with the same problems i face everyday!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

btn HB User
Re: Disability benefits elapsed now what?

Hi Maryp,
I am by far an expert about this, but I can tell you that my depression, PTSD and anxiety were large factors in my disability case and I haven't seen a mental health person in over 3 yrs. Where I had to go it was a horrible place and I would leave feeling worse than when I got there.
Also, I didn't have a regular doctor for my physical problems. I couldn't afford one. But I still won my case and w/o an attorney.
Hope this helps some.
Best wishes, Btn

Closed Thread