I applied for disability back in July of this year. I was sent to a mental doctor and a neurologist for evaluation. I received a letter last month stating my case will be put on hold until December 26th because the condition was so new and they needed more medical evidence of my condition. It said they will ask for my updated records and make their decision at that time.
Since then, I have been seeing my neurologist more often and have been seeing a mental doctor who has put me on two different medications. My neurologist has also tripled my dosage of medication. Is it good that they put me on hold instead of denying me or are they just delaying the inevitable? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Hello....Sorry to hear about your situation. Given what you have provided, here is what I'm thinking is happening......All cases are reviewed by a SS case mgr and an in house medical staff. My guess is they don't have the expertise to make a qualified decision and will have to do some research, or wait until more information is provided. However, I would think that your Doc's position will carry great weight, given the circumstances.
In addition, one's medication is always a factor, regardless of medical condition. Primarily, it's an indication of your overall condition (one taking more or stronger pain meds for example is different than one taking less) and the meds themselves all have known side effects, which are factors as well.
Your testimony in terms of what you can and can't do will carry a lot of weight as well.
Best of luck to you in your application process. I hope it all works out for you.
Hi ~ I would also agree with EX about your increase in your medications. It would only seem that if you have to have your medications increased and if it is pretty strong medication that this would help influence their decision in your favor.
I'm thinking that that may have been one of the reasons that I was approved. I have RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and my doctor has prescribed some pretty strong medications for me.
Make sure that Social Security has this updated information about the increases in your medication.
Also like Ex said, your doctor's documentation and their testimony will lay very heavily on a favorable decision for you.
I really believe without my doctor's input and her believing that I should be approved, that things may have not turned out the way I wanted them to.
I wish you Good Luck and try and stay positive. I personally have never heard of anyone being put "on hold", but think of it this way, "It's better than a denial".
If I was a betting person, I would bet this is a positive move for you.
Keep us Posted!
I just wanted to make a follow up point since my last reply....I really think they put you on hold because internally, they don't have the medical expertise to fully understand your condition. And because it's new thing, they probably want to obtain more data on the condition.
Lastly.....And here's my point I wanted to make....In order for them to deny you, they have to have internal medical expertise to make a determination that your Dr. is incorrect and that you can work. Well, this is 100% in contradiction to what we've already established.....That they don't really understand the situation.
Like Chris said, make sure your file gets the updated information on your medicine adjustment...That's a big issue, IMO.
You may not get it right away, but you will eventually.