It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

georgi HB User
Angry What does this mean?

I finally got a letter from SS stating that meet the requirements for medical disibility. Now they are reviewing the NON medical requirment and will send me a letter shortly. What does that mean? What is non medical? This is taking forever. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks guys.
georgi

Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
Re: What does this mean?

From what I've read, that means Congratulations! You've won! You have been found medically disabled!!!!!!

This non-medically disabled stuff is I think for SSI, or supplemental income benefits. I could be wrong, though. Again, from what I've read in the past, it doesn't matter, you['ve cleared a major hurdle, you've WON your disability claim. They're just reviewing as to whether or not you should receive supplemental income. If you are married and your husband works, you will be denied if he makes a certain amount.

I think that's how it works. Hopefully someone will come along and clarify things but you HAVE been declared disabled so you WILL be receiving disability.
Congrats!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
(female)

neenie53 HB User

georgi--- hi i am new here to this site. i have the same question received my letter saying the same thing. i am still waiting to hear more . it has been 40 days since letter and still no notice. what are they waiting for. if you find out something please post maybe it will ease my anxiety about all this . i wish i could help but if i hear will let you know . thanks i dont feel alone now .

Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User

dogmom made a very good point... you can be declared medically disabled and still not get an award due to substantial income (another peeve of mine).

If I were you guys Id call the toll free # and simply ask them where youre at, or what those letters mean. Ive never dealt with attorneys and anytime Ive called the toll free # theyve been MORE than helpful (and polite).

Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

There are family income restrictions on SSI, but not straight disability. Anyone can collect disability, regardless of spouse or family income. SSI is only for those below a certain cutoff amt.

Regards,

Ex

Closed Thread