It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

annaliis03 HB User
Unhappy Please Help!! SSI question

Hi everyone, I called social security yesterday and the lady told me that my case is held up at hearing. I applied in 2005 and was denied and also reapplied and i had to go to a hearing(June 11 '08) in which he sent me to their doctors(July 11 '08). On September 11 i received my approval letter. Now what gives I am only receiving ssi which I know comes from the local office. On November 11 it will be 60 days from my approval letter. So I am asking what happens after approval? Why will it still be there at hearing place.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

btn HB User
Re: Please Help!! SSI question

I would call back. I was told they were postponing my court date so I could find a lawyer and 8 weeks later got my approval letter.
If you also applied for Supplemental Income (SSI, I think is what it's called), you may have to go to court for that, but it's separate.
Hope I helped.
Best wishes, Btn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User

Hi BTN, I have a quick question: you had a court date, but they postponed it so you could get a lawyer and then APPROVED you? I ask b/c I am in line waiting on my hearing, is there a possiblity that I could be approved w/out it going to hearing?

Thx. T.

Last edited by Vuitton70; 11-06-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
(female)

curiousk HB User

I think if you have been approved and you are on SSI now, but the approval is for SSDI (disability), and it's been 60 days since, you should do two things: first, call your bank and see if funds have been deposited in it from Social Security. They did that to me without notifiying me; the monthly checks started soon after.

If there is no money there, call your attorney used for the case and ask if he has been paid. If he has, ask HIM/HER to find our why you haven't been paid. They can get answers faster than you.

If they say they don't do that, then you call SS and ask to speak to your Regional Supervisor and explain the story...have your paperwork ready to pass on the case number in case they ask.

SS telephone number is 1-800-772-1213, ok? Good luck!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
(female)

annaliis03 HB User
Talking Re: Please Help!! SSI question

I finally received a call from social security and i should receive my back pay in 5 to 7 days and my actual check will begin December 1st. Thanks

Old 11-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #6
(female)

curiousk HB User

Wonderful!!! Congratulations...
Don't forget to check your bank account for the "back" pay you'll receive, or you won't even know it's there.

I hope this relieves some anxiety and worry you no dout have about finances in these tough times.

Don't forget to save as much as you can! Rougher times may be acoming.

Best to you,
curiousk

Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
(female)

annaliis03 HB User
Talking Re: Please Help!! SSI question

A week later i received my check on a saturday and today i just received my award letter. So thank you for all of your help. Ann

Closed Thread