It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

6101williams HB User
i just got approved for ssdi when will i get my check and retro pay

Old 11-09-2008, 06:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: i just got approved for ssdi when will i get my check and retro pay

Have you received your letter stating how much back pay you should be receiving and how much your monthly payments will be yet? If you elected direct deposit it shouldn't take you long to receive your back pay. In fact, I received my back pay before my first check and even the letter stating when they would deposit my back pay in my account. The only way I knew mine was in my account was by accident. I just happen to be checking my balance and was surprised to find they had already deposited in my account. This was maybe a week and a half to two weeks after I got my letter telling me how much back pay I would receive. So if you have direct deposit, just keep checking your balance to see if they have deposited it in your account.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

As stated above, if you opted for direct deposit, just keep checking your er, checking account. If you didn't , watch that mailbox. Yay for you!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

celticfan HB User

when i got approved, i got my retro pay before i got any notice or anything else in the mail. it all happened w/in 3 weeks of approval

Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 AM   #5
(female)

Yvette D HB User

Hi everyone.....and congratulations. Can I ask anybody here how many times they were denied before being approved? I am 42 yrs old, can't work due to repetitive movement that aggravates my chronic neck, shoulder and back pain. I've been getting joint pains more frequent now as well. I'm hoping to get a diagnosis. However, before all this I had a left knee operation and have metal in it now. I can't bend, kneel, jump, run, jog, stand for long periods nor sit for too long as well. And I've never tried to apply for SS disability. Is that SSD?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Yes, SSD means Social Securtiy disability. I was denied twice before I got my hearing and then I was approved. The best advice is to get plenty of doctors who's willing to say your disabled and get plenty of documentation to back it up. Some people have enough doctor's and enough documentation that get it on the first try. So if you're disabled due to your current condition then go ahead and apply. That way if you get denied the first time you can at least get the ball rolling because it can take a long time to get approved.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #7
(male)

evaness HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6101williams View Post
I got my first monthly check within a month; it's going on seven months and I'm still waiting for word on how much retro money I'm due (let alone the check). Someone else posted on this board that they waited about the same amount of time. No one seems to know if there's a time limit on this stuff.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
(female)

momvicx4 HB User

My husband got an on the record fully favorable from the alj on 09/26/08. We got official letter from alj on 10/01/2008 and award letter on 11/08/08, now waiting game has begun, it states that his first check is 12/10/08, and how much the retro pay should be but we keep getting a run around from ss they said that it's at he payment center, we found this out by accident when we were aplying on the 11/10/08 for the kids. Anyone know how long it should be before we see the retro money, we are so confused and have waited so long for this, he was approved back to 07/13/05, back pay is 01/06 to 10/08.

Closed Thread