It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

grama13 HB User
Question How important are favorable Dr questionaires in winning my case?

Compared to some of you folks my case is fairly new 1 and a half years.I had a 3 level ACDF a year ago was not sucessful I still have pain numbness and weakness in both arms and hands,shoulders and neck pain is worse now.Besides that I have had mri and have been diagnosed with 3 bulging disks in lower back which cause excruciating pain in back, hips and legs..Dr has already referred me to nuerosurgeon for that matter.Ive been in pain management for 6 months now and unable to work at all.Both my pain management Dr and gp have already written me favorable Dr. questionaires and agree I am unable to work.Should there opinion be good enough for a decision in my favor? Please offer some insight.Grama

Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
Re: How important are favorable Dr questionaires in winning my case?

First off, I'm so very sorry for all of your pain.

There is no reason why you shouldn't apply for SSDI. However, if you look around here, you'll see it's not an easy road.

Who decides if you are disabled?

Not your doctor. Mine said I truly deserved it yet I was denied almost immediately.

They, meaning their doctors and agency staff make the decision.

But it's no reason to give up, because that's exactly what they expect us to do.

So Don't!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

grama13 HB User

Thank you dogmom I already did apply in May 07.Ive been denied twice I have been sceduled to go in front of a judge in Feb.o9 Im in California it seems its a little faster than some of the stories Ive read.I also do have an attorney now so hopefully thatll help. Grama

Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User

Oh good for you! I can't believe you've been denied twice (wait, am I saying here? ha ha!I can't believe lots of people are denied with their ailments.)

But at least Feb. isn't that far off and having a lawyer will most certainly help. I wish you all the best! My mom-in-law had problems with her shoulders and back, not nearly as severe as yours, had a spinal fusion, applied for disability and was denied twice . She ended up going in front of a lawyer and was awarded disability immediately. So think positive!

Closed Thread