It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
(male)

brirute HB User
Disability Payments

My wife was recently approved for SS disability. We have a nine year old daughter and my daughter will receive benefits also. Will both payments be in one deposit or will they be two seperate payments every month? I have searched the SS website and can find no answer. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

celticfan HB User
Re: Disability Payments

i get disability for my daughter and myself. they are issued in 2 seperate checks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

Madalot HB User

They are issued separately. My money is direct deposited into my checking account. My kids' money comes in a separate check for each of them. In order for a child's money to be direct deposited, they have to have a bank account with their name. In my situation, my children have savings accounts, but since I desperately need the money to care for them, I just have checks sent so I can deposit them into my checking account.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
(male)

brirute HB User

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

celticfan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madalot View Post
They are issued separately. My money is direct deposited into my checking account. My kids' money comes in a separate check for each of them. In order for a child's money to be direct deposited, they have to have a bank account with their name. .
not here in CA. my daughters check goes directly into my account. i get two seperate deposit amounts into my account.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
(female)

Madalot HB User

I wish they'd do it like that here! It's a pain because my money is direct deposited into my account, but I have to wait for the mail and take the kids' checks to the bank. Where I live, the kids' names HAVE to be on the account you are direct depositing to.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
(female)

duncan22 HB User

You could set up an account at your bank with the kids and your name, have their DD made into that account, then move the money (on line) to your account. That is what I had to do with child support years ago. Worked out great.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
(female)

Madalot HB User

I considered doing this, but am a little bit hesitant to do my banking online. Old fashioned I guess, but I'm just not comfortable accessing and moving money online. I'm just not convinced it's safe to do, so I don't. I know a lot of people do a ton of banking online, but I just have concerns about it.

Closed Thread